Bilbao BBK 2024

Rico_Pliskin

12 hours ago, The life of Pablo said:

Hey gang! 

I'm thinking about coming next year, can you buy tickets that don't include camping? If so how far it is away from the centre of Bilbao? 

The standard tickets don't include camping, you buy a separate camping ticket.  The festival "HQ" is at the football stadium at San Mames - this is where the wristband exchange is, where the shuttle buses go from, and also there is a signed walking route which starts from there (and if you set off at certain times you get accompanied by a marching band). 

You can walk up to the festival site (and it is VERY up) in 25-30 minutes from the stadium, and it is easy to walk back down that way when leaving the festival.  So any hotel within walking distance of the stadium is ideal.

There are is also a regular bus route which gets you from the city centre to at least near the festival site, but we didn't need to us this so not sure how useful it is coming back afterwards, I expect that bus route will have stopped by the time the later acts are on.

• Thanks 2

Screenshot_20231125_124952_Facebook.thumb.jpg.99923aa49d76302b8acc7e2b8624874f.jpg 

On 11/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, Rico_Pliskin said:

No I decided that I couldn't do Barca this year as I wanted to see other places and have never been to Porto.

BBK would be my priority if the lineup was there. I've been to Bilbao before in 2018 but it's a nice place so I'd be happy to return.

That said I may have to start looking at a booking com in Madrid. May just do two days around the LCD Soundsystem day.

3-4 days is a bit of a marathon for me now.

Or I may end up staying in Ireland, seeing the Smile in March so aside from LCD and perhaps Vampire weekend/Janelle Monae it'd be cheaper to buy tickets to a standalone gig if they happen in Dublin.

27 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

Definitely think they are going to headline now 

All Points East with an announcement tomorrow and LCD was a strong rumour there.

BKS also with an announcement tomorrow and they would fit.

Maybe it wasn’t a stretch after all…

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:02 AM, xxialac said:

Someone did a good write up with these type of things all covered

https://vickyflipfloptravels.com/bilbao-bbk-live-festival-everything-need-know/

This is a good review but there have been improvements since then with the introduction of the paid busses from the stadium which makes it a breeze to get up and back from the festival. 

My advise would be don't camp and stay in a hotel within walking distance to the stadium. 

36 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

This is a good review but there have been improvements since then with the introduction of the paid busses from the stadium which makes it a breeze to get up and back from the festival. 

My advise would be don't camp and stay in a hotel within walking distance to the stadium. 

Any advice on finding a hotel that doesn’t cost a bomb?!

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Any advice on finding a hotel that doesn’t cost a bomb?!

Book as early as possible. I always stay in Catalonia and book it for the next year while I'm there. 

Go on to booking.com search San Mames stadium and sort it by distance. The attached doesn't look too bad ...

I should add google the distance from the statuim to the hotel amd check the hotel webiste for a better deal. Usually if you sign up to the website you can get a discount.

Screenshot_20231127_214426_Bookingcom.jpg

Edited by Sarahw2

5 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

Book as early as possible.

Best tip you can give.

This year for Sziget i booked one (very average) apartment in the apartment complex in Budapest one year ahead and paid something like 450€ for 6 nights. A month before the festival i checked Booking if there is anything left and in the same complex apartment, excatly the same apartment as mine was up there for 1800€ for 7 days. 

1 hour ago, Sarahw2 said:

Book as early as possible. I always stay in Catalonia and book it for the next year while I'm there. 

Go on to booking.com search San Mames stadium and sort it by distance. The attached doesn't look too bad ...

I should add google the distance from the statuim to the hotel amd check the hotel webiste for a better deal. Usually if you sign up to the website you can get a discount.

I've reserved a triple in here. 655 euros for 3 night's so 218 each. Mega convenient location.

7 hours ago, Sarahw2 said:

Thanks but was hoping for something closer to 100 euros/night even if further away.

Do we know what time of day the lineup is usually announced?

12 minutes ago, DDave said:

Presale 135 euros. General sale 150 euros or 175 Inc camping according to this. Still baffles me how they can do this for such a small price

https://www.elcorreo.com/culturas/musica/bilbao-bbk-live-2024-cartel-primeras-confirmaciones-20231128105951-nt.html

Must be money laundering, no other rational explanation.