Bilbao BBK 2024

Rico_Pliskin

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

No

I’m expecting at least one more headliner to be fair. Could see Jungle and Massive Attack being more in a co-head structure ala Pavement/Phoenix 2023 or J Balvin/Pet Shop Boys 2022.

And Pavement and Phoenix were added in a second announcement.

But with two main stages and a late schedule what’s a headliner in Bilbao anyway? 😄

As long as we get a few more big acts I’m happy.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, Rico_Pliskin said:

No I decided that I couldn't do Barca this year as I wanted to see other places and have never been to Porto.

BBK would be my priority if the lineup was there. I've been to Bilbao before in 2018 but it's a nice place so I'd be happy to return.

That said I may have to start looking at a booking com in Madrid. May just do two days around the LCD Soundsystem day.

3-4 days is a bit of a marathon for me now.

Or I may end up staying in Ireland, seeing the Smile in March so aside from LCD and perhaps Vampire weekend/Janelle Monae it'd be cheaper to buy tickets to a standalone gig if they happen in Dublin.

Here you go ...

Screenshot_20231129_182243_Instagram.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, VCF said:

I’m expecting at least one more headliner to be fair. Could see Jungle and Massive Attack being more in a co-head structure ala Pavement/Phoenix 2023 or J Balvin/Pet Shop Boys 2022.

And Pavement and Phoenix were added in a second announcement.

But with two main stages and a late schedule what’s a headliner in Bilbao anyway? 😄

As long as we get a few more big acts I’m happy.

That's my thoughts. Can't see Jungle being headliners...

any idea whether tickets sell out fast for this festival? I'm still waiting on a few more like-ups before I make my decision (Pinkpop and Nos Alive mainly)

The Massive Attack announcement has got me really tempted here though! 

8 hours ago, Dazrigby88 said:

any idea whether tickets sell out fast for this festival? I'm still waiting on a few more like-ups before I make my decision (Pinkpop and Nos Alive mainly)

It doesn't sell out quickly. You're fine to wait a few more months. But it's better to book accommodation as soon as possible.

I also think we're going to get more big (or biggish) names here, maybe like 1-2. Not necessarily a "pure" headliner, but with their alternating main stages I expect sth more for the prime slots. The day splits will surely tell us more.

3 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

It doesn't sell out quickly. You're fine to wait a few more months. But it's better to book accommodation as soon as possible.

I also think we're going to get more big (or biggish) names here, maybe like 1-2. Not necessarily a "pure" headliner, but with their alternating main stages I expect sth more for the prime slots. The day splits will surely tell us more.

Yeah, I do agree. Think we will get a couple of names slightly smaller than Arcade Fire and Massive Attack but still pretty punchy. And many decent mid-tier names as well. 

14 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Anybody ever stayed in one of the bell tents or teepees for this? Guessing they'd be like greenhouses post 7AM?

Mostly, yeah. Though Bilbao does at least get cooler weather than most of the rest of Spain.

I would do it when aged in my 20s but beyond that, ideally not.

Edited by xxialac