On 1/14/2024 at 6:47 PM, Archi said:

The co-headline on Thursday should be Parkway Drive. They confirmed themselves in December before they delete the post on their social networks. I love them but I can't see them as a co-headliner for a mainstream festival like Werchter... And with the success she has, it's hard to imagine Lana Del Rey plays as sub. Gonna be Pukkelpop or nothing for her in Belgium.

Headlining the Barn Saturday against Dua Lipa? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

If Blur and No Doubt rock up here I'd have a ticket within 5 minutes of the announcement.

Think it will be a farewell for Blur though, didn't Damon say he was done with touring with them for a while late last year?

I totally agree! And yes, Damon actually said that Blur was done for now so I am actually a bit surprised that they announce a festival date all of a sudden. 

18 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Four Tet too. Was thinking this was finally going to be the year for him to make his debut at RW. 

Yeah. We can also add names such as Brutus, SHAME or Bar Italia now ruled out.

Justice / Four Tet / Brutus is slowly making it a nice closing day at Dour btw.

However, Dour still has not announced Janelle Monae (who’s touring and cancelled last year) and their headliner spots are almost filled. 

Barn head (or Dua sub) ?

Edited by VCF

9 minutes ago, VCF said:

Yeah. We can also add names such as Brutus, SHAME or Bar Italia now ruled out.

Justice / Four Tet / Brutus is slowly making it a nice closing day at Dour btw.

However, Dour still has not announced Janelle Monae (who’s touring and cancelled last year) and their headliner spots are almost filled. 

Barn head (or Dua sub) ?

Not so sure about Brutus, they're also playing Ronquieres (another Belgian festival) a few weeks later, so I don't see why Werchter couldn't also be added to their tour. Oh and apparently announcement today at 4 (Festileaks info + Stone posting a picture of Werchter with - "3pm" UK Time as insta story today, + other saying "Belgium we have announcement")

Edited by polnico

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

Not so sure about Brutus, they're also playing Ronquieres (another Belgian festival) a few weeks later, so I don't see why Werchter couldn't also be added to their tour. Oh and apparently announcement today at 4 (Festileaks info + Stone posting a picture of Werchter with - "3pm" UK Time as insta story today, + other saying "Belgium we have announcement")

Yeah my bad. As a Belgian band Dour and Ronquieres might not rule them out.

I’ve just remembered they’re playing Graspop though. Does not that make them less likely to play Werchter?

1 minute ago, VCF said:

Yeah my bad. As a Belgian band Dour and Ronquieres might not rule them out.

I’ve just remembered they’re playing Graspop though. Does not that make them less likely to play Werchter?

Oh yeah forgot about Graspop. That would be a lot of belgian festivals indeed. Really can't belive they haven't played Werchter yet honestly, they deserve it so much (they've been at the Werchter parklife thing during covid; but somehow not the main festival). Maybe after next album ?

11 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Possibly the weakest main stage they've had in a while

Apols for the double post, I'm saying that, assuming that those stages are in order I got stay at the Main Stage all day on Thursday and have a blast. Parkway Drive potentially fourth down when compared to their other slots is quite mad. No idea how Khruangbin has bagged that slot though, but maybe that's just me being out of touch. 

Really surprised that they've done an announcement today though, typically they never used to start until next week with the Friday 3pm/4pm packages. Happy though, some more great names added.

Official announcement:

Thursday : Parkway Drive, The Gaslight Anthem, Stone, Mike Skinner and The Streets, Meute, Slowdive.
Friday : James Arthur, Tom Morello, Archive, Sleaford Mods.
Saturday : The Blaze, Janelle Monáe, Benjamin Clementine, Marc Rebillet. 
Sunday : Sampha, Froukje, Parcels, Zara Larsson, Loyle Carner, High-Vis. 

Edited by Archi

The whole weekend finally starting to kick in, albeit a bit messy.

Still a lot of acts (many Slope names) to announce but the prospect of The Last Dinner Party > Marc Rebillet > Janelle Monae > The Blaze > Avril Lavigne > Dua Lipa makes me extremely happy.

8 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

just out of interest, would The Gaslight Anthem be in any sort of trouble from RW for releasing the poster an hour before the scheduled announcement?

I doubt it, I think they'd just blame it on time difference if anything. Tom Morello has had the Friday listed on his website for weeks and I can't imagine they've said anything.

• Like 1