Delights from 2023

irnkrtn

This was my fifth Glastonbury and my best one yet. Everything about the festival was brilliant for me. I don't know if it felt so good because last year had been a bit weird - but there were so many delights.

Not least:

1) Getting our whole gang together up above thr tipi field for the opening fireworks. I've never really gotten to be at that moment before, and it was a sign of just how well the rest of the festival was going to go off.

2) My phone signal was flawless! On iD (piggybacking on Three's network). My messages sent instantly, and picked up instantly those that friends could get out. The only time it faltered was in the crowd for Skindred and that was solved by the old-fashioned "holding phone aloft above the crowd" and enabled me to find my friends deep in the middle of it thanks to what3words.

3) The massage I got on Friday in the healing fields. A chair massage from Jelena... oh my word.

4) Getting some excellent quality time in with two of my best friends watching Fred Again, being up on my friend's shoulders for Marea

5) Rhythm of the 90s. Knew about it thanks to this place and it went down a storm with my gang, everyone raved about it the rest of the weekend

6) The moment during Cat Stevens' set when he was covering Here Comes The Sun, and I looked behind me to see an older couple - earl 70s maybe? - up on the shoulders of some young men, having the absolute time of their lives

7) The whole gang being united again only for the second time, right at the end, for Elton. In those intervening days we'd all had our own moments, our own festivals, but we bookended them together. Perfect.

Edited by WestCountryGirl
  • Upvote 2

In all the years I've been, this certainly feels like the best one I've ever had 🙂

1: weather - I love it when it's hot

2: met up friends and made new friends

3: all my fitness training seemed to pay off - I managed at least 3am every night and didn't flag during the day, eating well and drinking lots of water as well as beers kept me going

4: Foo Fighters!

5: happy people - I also felt the vibe was nicer, I didn't see any aggro or angry mashed up people

6: subjectivly nicer food - it's annoying when you pay £9 for a wrap and it's sh*t, but this year everything I at was really good 🙂

7: The Levels - glad I avoided spoilers - I audibly gasped when I first saw it - epic!

8: another vote for co-op - cool juice for my thermos flask thing, god send

9: busy but not too busy, everywhere I went, I got the amount of space I was happy with - even in the big crowds exiting places, everyone seemed to be playing ball, no pushing

and at the top

10/10  - the amazing lady (thats the only info I have) that found my ticket and pass out that I dropped somewhere in E17 on the way in on sat morning, and handed it into the 'ticket booth' after asking the road crossing stewards what to with it, which meant when I retraced my steps and asked every steward I could find, they let me know it could be handed in, and when I got there IT WAS! Thank you so much for saving me potentially hours and hours of trying to prove my ID 🙂

• Upvote 1

No toilet queues except in the campsite and not one single sh*t seen on a toilet seat! 

Didn't really feel too crowded at any point, only exception to this was when they closed shangri la from west due to Mike Skinner crowd and I wanted to get to Panic Shack on the Truth stage and simply could not get through from the east side. Had a word with security and one of the stewards in charge let me in from the west side, so made most of the set!

Saw no aggro at all. People were friendly, I took a heavy fall walking back on the railway on Thursday night, actually really quite hurt myself, so many people asked me if I was OK and tried to help. Obviously I was mega embarrassed and wanted them all to go away, but it was nice that people were concerned. 

No real queuing at bars at all. Even at the Mandela for headliners got served pretty quick.

Lovely man at the front of the Hives with his spray bottle cooling us all down, what a fab idea!

No real bad food experiences and some fab ones.

Lebara sim worked perfectly and had full coverage all festival. (let's not talk about O2).

Frozen daiquiris at the Rocket Lounge, they are so f**king good, a festival tradition for me.....might have contributed to that fall though.....

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The people I met including the incredibly sparkly eyed young woman on the way into the SE corner, who tried to insist I'd know where the party was and that she and her mates would follow me and dance wherever I danced. 

It was definitely a nice year for people. Nice vibes all round I found