TPD TV

Bike_Like_A_Mum

Bumped into the TPD TV crew yesterday looking absolutely broken before Elton 🤣 said hello and they said they've had a good time. 

For anyone who hasn't seen their YouTube channel, they've been doing raw festival video logs for years! They're a bit naughty but they're absolutely hilarious and have such amazing chemistry as a bunch of mates. BUT they've never been to Glastonbury!! They've done almost every other festival around the world. And they didn't have tickets to this year again so I was really shocked to see them! 

Anyway, for those who like watching video logs, thought I'd give you a heads up so you can go and have a look at a few of their other videos (I'd go back and watch some of the ones from 2022 first). They normally get the videos out quite quickly afterwards so will probably drop in a week but it will he the most in-depth, raw video log of Glastonbury you've seen. They won't hold back on their reviews, could be brutal but I can't wait to watch it! I know some of you will love it too

• Like 1

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Was wondering when they'd get around to Glastonbury. Their videos can be pretty funny, I'd be interested to see what they made of the Farm.

I know, it's not for lack of trying... they've definitely wanted to go. I'm fascinated to see what they make of it!

I like their vlogs cuz they're the only ones I've seen that look and feel like what it's like to be at the actual festival. Most vlogs I've seen by others are just a middle class couple effectively interviewing each other in their tent, then some sped-up footage as they walk through the fields, then a clip where they sing along to the most popular song by the blandest band imaginable, set to the sounds of license-free music, all before disappearing home on the sunday afternoon to beat the traffic.

With TPD I always think 'I know that feeling'

Love them, and had a weird feeling they would be there this year (after years of trying) but didn’t bump into them. 

They’re going to love being able to carry their booze everywhere and stay out until gone 6am… Can’t wait to see their vlog. 

Ah great news! Really enjoyed the vlogs of theirs I’ve seen. The sober festival one was hilarious 😂 

Always look forward to all the vlogs appearing post festival.

I saw the sweary beardy Bristol guy and his mates during Showhawk Duo on the bandstand. 

Bumped into the guys befor CRJ near the Other stage on Thursday. Spoke to Danny for quite a bit and they were having a great time. Think the festival has definitely broken them a bit, pretty sure they're not used to anything on this scale. Looking forward to the vid, they reckon it'll be their longest yet at 2hrs.

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Love them, and had a weird feeling they would be there this year (after years of trying) but didn’t bump into them. 

They’re going to love being able to carry their booze everywhere and stay out until gone 6am… Can’t wait to see their vlog. 

I'm pretty sure they ended up going back to bed after each headliner, but I know they did tonnes during the day. I heard that Rob ended up blacking out at one point due to heat, drink and exhaustion.

1 hour ago, broken monkey said:

I'm pretty sure they ended up going back to bed after each headliner, but I know they did tonnes during the day. I heard that Rob ended up blacking out at one point due to heat, drink and exhaustion.

Bloody hell, just shows you how intense it is in heat, and how little provision there is for hot days in the outdoor arenas / areas… They’ve done Coachella a couple of times, hot Downloads and various other hot ones… But for some reason heat, and more accurately direct sunlight, is just more of an issue at Glastonbury. 

We hid in tented stages on Saturday, got to see some great sets I otherwise wouldn’t have. Don’t know what I’d have done if I absolutely ‘had’ to be at the Pyramid, Other, Park or West Holts etc for some of my favourite bands mid afternoon, it would have been horrendous! 

I'm so glad they were able to go - I love their videos. I just really hope they have taken on board the leave no trace ethos of Glastonbury, I don't want them getting any criticism. Very keen to see what they make of Glastonbury - and given their experience, if they truly think it is the greatest festival in the world. I've got a feeling they will love it, but the busy crowds might have taken away from the experience a little. I hope not though! 

Does anybody know who was there from TPD? 

12 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

I'm so glad they were able to go - I love their videos. I just really hope they have taken on board the leave no trace ethos of Glastonbury, I don't want them getting any criticism. Very keen to see what they make of Glastonbury - and given their experience, if they truly think it is the greatest festival in the world. I've got a feeling they will love it, but the busy crowds might have taken away from the experience a little. I hope not though! 

Rob, Razzy, Danny, Jake and Briody i believe, great group of lads and can’t wait for the video, couldn’t make it to Glasto this year so will be nice to live vicariously through their vlog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieKThomas said:

I'm pretty sure they will, they've been much more clued up on not littering or leaving items behind in their last few videos. Rob even had a poll up on his personal insta regarding where to pee (options were 'On the land' / 'Leave no trace') which marked as wrong if you chose the former.

Also, when I was talking to Danny, Rob came back from the bar and said he'd just talked to the nicest barman ever. Was raving about how friendly everyone was.

I'm pretty sure they've caught the Glasto bug and realise it's on a different level to what they've experienced before. Very much looking forward to the vlog!

53 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Here it is!!

I do genuinely like the TPD boys, and have watched a fair few of their vlogs before, but it is a little disappointing that virtually the entire content of this vlog is them standing at the front of the Pyramid (or sitting at the back for Lewis Capaldi). Doesn't quite capture Glastonbury's magic for me

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

I do genuinely like the TPD boys, and have watched a fair few of their vlogs before, but it is a little disappointing that virtually the entire content of this vlog is them standing at the front of the Pyramid (or sitting at the back for Lewis Capaldi). Doesn't quite capture Glastonbury's magic for me

I know exactly what you mean! But I also think that is practically impossible to capture anyway without experiencing it. And I'm kind of glad they didn't because otherwise too many would want to go lol! It's pretty much what I was expecting, there's just too much to capture it all and also because it's there first one....I do feel like you have to get to know Glastonbury to fully enjoy it and that does take a couple of goes 

3 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

This. Also to go back to the same pub two nights in a row was a big miss. Was really hoping they'd take a leaf out of barbsters book and capture some of the magic of the festival.

• Upvote 1