COVID

DeanoL

5 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Yes, because it just feels like a nasty cold, and if I stopped going places any time I had a nasty cold, I'd never get anything done. But a nasty cold isn't going to cause problems for an elderly relative or friend in the same way COVID might. 

And beyond all that, I prefer to know what's wrong with me when I'm ill. That info is useful diagnostic data for future issues. So yeah, if I can find out at zero cost to the NHS then I will. Same reason I monitor my heart rate with my watch. Being well informed about your own own health can dramatically increase your lifespan, why do you think the royals live until their 90s on a regular basis? Amazing genetics?

But its something that doesn't get talked about because it's too expensive for the NHS to do. Giving everyone over 20 an annual bowel cancer screening would save a lot of lives, but we can't afford it. But you can pay for one. You probably should. But no-one tells you that because it flies in the face of the idea that death is random and cares not for money or status. It absolutely does, and the amount of massively well off people who don't even a spend a fraction of their income on regular health screenings baffles me. They'll tell you they're not religious and believe in science but then just go "wont bother with that, when my number is up it'll be my time".

But anyway, have a nice night!

So you’re happy to go out with a nasty cold and spread it around. How selfish. 

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

No covid as far as I know but since Tuesday afternoon I’ve been puking my guts up and can’t keep down any meal or even water.

So caught a nasty bug or food poisoning. Great. 

I've had this! 

Was good fun on a 6 hour train home yesterday.

My girlfriend seemed to have Sunday night/Monday morning, however kt passed fairly quickly so fingers crossed the same (I am feeling more normal today after 10 hours sleep)

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's a problem finding out if covid or not...it was kind of a thing not that long ago. Yes, over time it will be just another coronavirus but maybe we're not quite there yet. One day maybe we will have different tests available to find out what virus we have caught. Maybe they will find a cure for the common cold. Maybe the next pandemic will kill everyone in 24 hours. sh*t never ends.

2 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

What a load of bollocks. If you feel I’ll stay away from people. If you don’t then don’t. Don’t need a stupid black line on a plastic stick to make that decision. 

Thanks Chicken Bob - confirmed my suspicion that you're a nutter, like Barry.  As I've already pointed out to Barry a couple of posts back: I didn't have any 'stupid black line on a plastic stick' for the simple reason that I haven't taken a test.  All that happened was I warned two vulnerable people that there was a possibility that my croaking might be related to reports of infections after Glastonbury, and they opted to sit me at the far end of the table yesterday.  I was happy to show them that courtesy, but I understand you'd have been coughing direct in their faces as a protest against Bill Gates killing Lady Di in order to inject us all with 5G virus as part of the 'great reset' etc etc.

• Upvote 2

For the last two nights when I try to sleep my mouth consistently fills up with saliva.  I end up coughing and spluttering and have filled a few towels as the night progresses.  Weird and I’ve never had anything like this post festival.  Putting it dow to dehydration.  But maybe covid.

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You know that nasty cold, probably isn't a cold if you are calling it nasty, right ?

and that is the route of the argument.  We test for Covid and take different action but we don't for other easily spreadable killer diseases.   Its bizarre.  But I am a nutter for suggesting its bizarre ? 

I also wish we had more tests cheaply and easily available but we don't. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't bother to use the ones we have.

22 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its strange how you think I am a nutter for saying "what is the point in a test, if you are ill stay the f**k away from people".

The real nutters are like you who need some sort of test (or support the concept) to tell you shouldn't be spreading your sh*t around, just don't do it.   The real nutters are the ones who take a covid test, its negative, and then they just crack on.

Can you not see this ? 

And its truly nutty to have sock puppet accounts.  God you must have too much time on your hands 🙂 

I think you already know you can't win on this one. I've repeatedly told you that I haven't taken a COVID test post-Glastonbury, and in fact stopped doing them at all as soon as my work stopped requiring it.  I've also repeatedly pointed out that I don't just 'crack on' if I'm feeling poorly - this was the entire point of my first post: I had a doubt about my health post-Glastonbury, so showed a bit of consideration to a couple of vulnerable guys and let them choose how in-their-face I got.  All this was done without any need for a test, and I'll always do the same if I've got any reason to believe I've got any type of lurgy.  By telling everyone they've tested positive post-Glastonbury, the guys on this thread have reduced the chance of me inadvertently passing it on to some other guys who have good reason not to want to be picking up any type of lurgy: it was a reminder to me that my croaking might be more than just the result of a week of shouting/drinking/not sleeping etc.  Taking a test doesn't do anyone any harm, and you betray yourself as the nutter you are for opposing anyone who decides to.

(You're bang on the money about the sadness of me having a sock puppet account.  I did enjoy using it to repeatedly downvote one of the old forum 'characters' who used to do exactly the same thing to others, yet was hilariously touchy if anyone did it to him.  The fact that I spent my time doing this is a genuine embarrassment to me, and clear evidence of a character/lifestyle flaw - which I'm trying to work on, but leopards/spots etc.  The reason I've inadvertently resurrected this long-dead account recently is that the forum login seems to have changed whereby you have to enter your email address, rather than your username, and I occasionally forget which one I used for which.)

• Like 1

Getting COVID now means I won’t be able to the Saw Doctors on Saturday and catch the Mary Wallopers supporting. Massively gutted about this as decided not to see them at Glasto due to Saturday.

My work is still insisting on the 5 day isolation rule so can’t get pictured having a lovely time on Saturday night. More importantly I’m not a prick to spread it to thousands of people.

8 hours ago, 1986 said:

No covid as far as I know but since Tuesday afternoon I’ve been puking my guts up and can’t keep down any meal or even water.

So caught a nasty bug or food poisoning. Great. 

4 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Me and the other half have both come down with a delightful bug, which has left us evacuated in every possible way over the last 24 hours.

not Covid, and I did a test. And I don’t care what anyone thinks about it!

I have had really bad "the squits" since Sunday afternoon (which was awkward at the festival) and last night regurgitated my meal a couple of hours after eating it. Haven't kept anything down since.

Also thinking bug or food poisoning. Possibly from the festival or maybe a dodgy Burger King on the way home.

Not covid I presume as I did a test as soon as I got home (because I'm not a twat) which was negative. Will retest later today to be sure.

• Upvote 1

Surely everyone here would avoid vulnerable people whether it was covid, flu or just a cold? 

Even a common cold can lead to a chest infection and serious implications for vulnerable people.

No need to argue about it, whether you test or not doesn't really make a difference, as long as you do the right thing and avoid vulnerable folk either way. I guess for some people it's just nice to know if you've got covid or not, given how terrified we've all been over the last few years. 

I won't test any more, I don't want to know, but this whole pandemic has opened my eyes to the need to protect others, even if you 'only have a cold.' 

6 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Surely everyone here would avoid vulnerable people whether it was covid, flu or just a cold? 

Even a common cold can lead to a chest infection and serious implications for vulnerable people.

No need to argue about it, whether you test or not doesn't really make a difference, as long as you do the right thing and avoid vulnerable folk either way. I guess for some people it's just nice to know if you've got covid or not, given how terrified we've all been over the last few years. 

I won't test any more, I don't want to know, but this whole pandemic has opened my eyes to the need to protect others, even if you 'only have a cold.' 

covid is much bigger risk than a common cold, and there is asymptomatic transmission etc etc...but I guess now most old people are vaccinated...so f**k it.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

covid is much bigger risk than a common cold, and there is asymptomatic transmission etc etc...but I guess now most old people are vaccinated...so f**k it.

Yeh, if that's what you read in my post "f**k it" and that's what you took away... Then there's no point in continuing this discussion. 

You do you, keep spreading your cold germs, hopefully it doesn't lead to somebody with lung disease or something else getting a chest infection and dying... 🤞

50 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I guess that's the difference here.  I am not looking to win because there is nothing to win.

I simply commenting on behaviour and finding it bizarre and without sound logic.  You call me a nutter but I kind of take the same view on a lot of your logic.  I mean the fact you go to the extent you have sock puppets and post crap like the above isn't normal behaviour is it 🙂  You seem troubled.  Do you need a cuddle ?

For reasons of personal safety, it's probably best if you don't keep pointing out what a weirdo I am for wasting my time on an internet forum sock puppet.  We may end up giving ourselves whiplash from nodding at each other in furious agreement.

My weirdo status has now been firmly established, and I'm going to have to learn to come to terms with it.  However, you seem to be in denial about your internet conspiracist nutter status.  Everybody that reads your posts will be thinking the same thing, and you're welcome to try and argue your case, but to do so you'll really need to go back and tackle the first paragraph of my previous reply to you...

40 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Yeh, if that's what you read in my post "f**k it" and that's what you took away... Then there's no point in continuing this discussion. 

You do you, keep spreading your cold germs, hopefully it doesn't lead to somebody with lung disease or something else getting a chest infection and dying... 🤞

ok mr self righteous. I was just pointing out covid is a much higher risk to vulnerable people than a common cold. And with all this stuff it's always been about risk.

ive not tested been feeling run down with a cough earlier which has now gone .... not quite sure the issue if people chose to test though .... its now personal preference and if people want to to give some protection to vulnerable people thats absolutely fair it only takes a few mins .... if there was a test for flu people might also do that . Id not see my parents for a bit if i was generally ill ... im sure that makes sense ? I spent the festival camped with someone who was suffering a year on from last Glastonbury from long covid ... sadly it still exists and causes issues despite things having moved on 

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok mr self righteous. I was just pointing out covid is a much higher risk to vulnerable people than a common cold. And with all this stuff it's always been about risk.

You literally quoted me and used the phrase "but I guess now most old people are vaccinated...so f**k it." What am I supposed to make of that?

My original point wasn't about whether covid was worse than a cold, or even whether flu is worse than a cold, it obviously is... My point was that, before Covid, I'd have gone near anybody with a cold without too much worry, I'd have gone to work, to my grans, wherever. But covid has taught me, hopefully taught 'us,' that we need to be more considerate and look after each other. I had no idea before Covid that so many at risk groups existed, for whom, a simple chest infection is life and death.

And therefore, due to this new attitude towards spreading minor illnesses, testing is pointless for me, as I won't be going near anybody if I'm ill anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only 'Mr self righteous' here who doesn't want to make somebody else seriously ill. 

I also pointed out that I get why some others would rather know, so if they wanted to test, I don't see the harm in it. 

Edited by Alvoram

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

You literally quoted me and used the phrase "but I guess now most old people are vaccinated...so f**k it." What am I supposed to make of that?

My original point wasn't about whether covid was worse than a cold, or even whether flu is worse than a cold, it obviously is... My point was that, before Covid, I'd have gone near anybody with a cold without too much worry, I'd have gone to work, to my grans, wherever. But covid has taught me, hopefully taught 'us,' that we need to be more considerate and look after each other. I had no idea before Covid that so many at risk groups existed, for whom, a simple chest infection is life and death.

And therefore, due to this new attitude towards spreading minor illnesses, testing is pointless for me, as I won't be going near anybody if I'm ill anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only 'Mr self righteous' here who doesn't want to make somebody else seriously ill. 

ok...fair enough...apologies...I just did the so f**k it bit because I didn't know where I was going with the covid test thing...covid more dangerous, but now people vaccinated etc etc.

Edited by steviewevie
  • Like 1