Fitness for Glastonbury 2024

gigpusher

5 hours ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

Are you running to tk maxx or Glastonbury 

If I'm running to Glasto now I might just make it in time for 2025! Typically I'll arrive to a fallow year hahaha

The run to and from Tk maxx was a success, the haul somewhat successful

• Like 1

6lb to go to ensure I'm lighter than last year (sadly nowhere near lightest ever - who knew wedding rings weighed 2 stone?) But Strava says I'm the fittest I've ever been (running/swimming/lifting) so I'm taking it! 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Managed to hit my target weight this morning from 18 stone 10 to 14 stone since October.

Feel so much better for it, hopefully I will be able to lose a bit more.

well done.

how have you managed it?

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

well done.

how have you managed it?

Diet and exercise, limiting my calorie intake to about 1500 -1800 a day and exercising for about an hour to hour and half at the gym. 

Gym work is stepper, treadmill and cross trainer. I also do weights on alternate days. It's been a massive effort but I'm want to keep it off this time.

• Like 1

So my end of May weigh in and another 3.4 lb's down taking total lost to 79.8lb's tantalisingly close to 80lb's.

Have had to buy a substantial amount of clothes recently as just didn't have enough things that fit me. My step count for the month is close to 25k so hopefully by the end of the day I will have made that. Definitely going to Glastonbury next month the fittest I have ever been for a trip to Glastonbury. Hopefully the hard work pays off on the farm. 

• Like 1

I have 1.6 more pounds to go, and I will be under 12 stone for the first time in living memory! Down from 15 at the start of the year. 

I attribute it mostly to running every day so far this year (hitting around 50 miles a week at the moment) and some intermittent fasting. 

Is anyone else planning on running much at the festival this year? I know there is a run on the Thursday, but I am hoping I won't be the only one jogging off the hangover each day

4 hours ago, Mr SnoozySquid said:

Is anyone else planning on running much at the festival this year? I know there is a run on the Thursday, but I am hoping I won't be the only one jogging off the hangover each day

I'll be doing the Thursday run with Greenpeace / Ravers 2 Runners.
I might get a casual jog other mornings, but no guarantees. It's a toss-up between run and a bit more sleep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Twisted my ankle. Just typical. There is always something. Hopefully time to walk it off but just f**king really typical. Rather cross right now.

Oh no hope it’s just a tweak and a day or two rest is enough to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 8:22 AM, CharlotteB said:

My fitness has been put on hold. I don't want to blow my knee out before the big weekend. It feels well dodgy. Nothing daft. Rest rest rest 

57 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

I've stopped exercising in fear of a freak injury. Is anyone else that paranoid?

My hiking/cycling regime was going well until this weekend, when a very slight slip on some loose shale "tweaked" my knee 10 miles into a 12.5 mile walk.  Felt OK at the time.  Within an hour of getting home, I couldn't walk up the stairs.  Still sore and swollen now.  Think that's me done now for fear of worsening it.

Be careful out there kids.

2 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

I've stopped exercising in fear of a freak injury. Is anyone else that paranoid?

Lol I don't do anything more extrme than walking so think I'll be ok although I have been diagnosed with an ITB injury and been referred to a podiatrist but the physio said I can't damage it any more and that some ibuprofen gel on it before I start my day and a bit of ice on it if I'd done a lot will be fine.