Pyramid for Elton

Bike_Like_A_Mum

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

Lizzo into Elton was the way forward. Not sure why it didn't work out that way. Lizzo's tour dates perhaps I don't know. 

Elton is mates with Lil Nas so wouldn’t at all surprise me to hear that he personally requested him to go on before him. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So a new and upcoming  queer artist before a  queer icon is the wrong move?

More the music styles I was referring to. Most of the oldies won't have a clue who he is. 

I didn't even know he was gay either.

Edited by Benjsh

4 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

More the music styles I was referring to. Most of the oldies won't have a clue who he is. 

I didn't even know he was gay either.

Thats the oldies problem. Maybe they should  listen to the artists on the lineup.  The whole point of the festival is to discover.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Thats the oldies problem. Maybe they should  listen to the artists on the lineup.  The whole point of the festival is to discover.

You will be in your 50's one day. 😉

44 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Stones was unlike anything else. it took us at least an hour to get free of the crowd after it ended

Capacity is bigger now than 2013 isn't? Plus you have all the extra Sunday day tickets, (however many that is).

Just now, Tfarm said:

Capacity is bigger now than 2013 isn't? Plus you have all the extra Sunday day tickets, (however many that is).

I read recently that the amount of Sunday day tickets available for the locals is only something like 5K, and you will have lost many times that amount of punters who have to leave Sunday. The whole thing about the Sunday bill having to be suitable for the locals is a myth, as evident last year when Kendrick closed the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, chewdog said:

You just stay up there and take one for the team, new photo every ten minutes so we can have an up to date real time view

Genuinely wouldn’t take much to convince me, I’ve been on the early shifts with Oxfam so this is my 9th night camping tonight. Never felt so tired in my life. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Any good suggestions between now and Elton/QOTSA? 

This has definitely been the shittest line up for me in a long time. Park and other stage both got dance acts on now. Seeping into the entire festival 

War on Drugs on before QOTSA and Caroline Polachek on Woodsies are both excellent live acts, but obviously depends on what kind of stuff you’re in to. 

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody in the front circle? Somebody on Twitter saying it’s absolutely rammed with people in chairs, as expected. Wonder if they’ll budge for Lil Nas.

Been here since before Cat Stevens (rear, just off centre) 

It is rammed in here and lots of sit / chair w*nkers (of which I'm 1) not making it any roomier

25 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

You will be in your 50's one day. 😉

Yeah, except Itll be a while before I end up in the head scratching category. Like on the main lineup poster this year I had seen about 75% of the artists on the bill already. Makes conflicts a lot easier cause you just pick out the acts you havent seen and fill in with ones you would like to see again. Really for me the 2 years ive gone is to just go see acts that wont ever make it stateside more or less. And then see some new upcoming acts who might get huge in the future and be a year ahead of casual fans.

2 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Been here since before Cat Stevens (rear, just off centre) 

It is rammed in here and lots of sit / chair w*nkers (of which I'm 1) not making it any roomier

I think they shouldve banned chairs today. Thats such a knob move today of all days for anyone there