Shambala Festival 2023

PIggywhiskers

On 7/27/2023 at 10:02 PM, incident said:

Assuming it's the same layout as last year, Green and Pink camping were packed in, Purple (which was newly introduced and many people didn't seem aware of) had huge amounts of empty space. If things were spread evenly it would have been fairly comfortable throughout.

image.thumb.png.b1486c41af5c38935351dc81b34fd7ab.png

I’ve been Beta testing this years app, and the campsites have all changed slightly, but from what I can tell the only real change is they’ve swapped pre-pitched camping over to the North east boundary of pink, and increased the size of the accessible camping. 

Looks like there’s currently no ‘quiet camping’ other than family. 

We got there at midday last year and family camping was probably 75% full, but everywhere else was 75% empty. Didn’t really fill up in pink and green until about 3 or 4pm.

The stewards should do a better job of pushing people out further rather than cramming in. 

On 7/20/2023 at 10:15 AM, svphie said:

Me and my friend are thinking of trying to get Oxfam spots as they come up. ive not done Oxfam for any fest before (nor have I been to Shambala). anyone done it at Shambala??

Did you manage to get an Oxfam spot? 

This is my first time at Shambala and I'm going with Oxfam 

I'm going solo and really looking forward to it, it looks great! 

Be good to meet up with some people from here at the festival, as I won't know anyone 😊

Camped in purple last year and it was bloody lovely. Quiet, clean barely used toilets, enough empty grass to really spread out, some even played ball games. But still it was only 10 minutes walk from everything. Felt like a rural campsite rather than a festival.

Everyone else can feel free to ram themselves into every inch of green and pink again, leave purple quiet 😆

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

image.png.fb7e7fcfbdb78ae8137b52d05a097683.png

I've just read this in the Ts&Cs and it's a bit stingy, do you know how much they enforce it?

I can't say for sure as I am effectively  crew.

But I'd be shocked if it's enforced, what I've seen at previous suggests not.

22 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I've just read this in the Ts&Cs and it's a bit stingy, do you know how much they enforce it?

Anecdotally, it was not enforced at all when I went last year. They didn't mention it, or attempt to count cans, even though it was plain to see that me and my group had more than 8 cans per person.

Though I do understand the reason for starting to introduce such a limit. A festival like this needs to make bar sales to remain viable, so even though we did go a bit over the limit, we did also enjoy some fresh cold beverages from the bar as well!

On 8/2/2023 at 5:16 PM, dotdash79 said:

I particularly enjoyed that they put this after saying how expensive festivals are to attend a couple of paragraphs above. 2 cans a day is breakfast 

Have never seen them enforce is but I will still be hiding some around my packing.  

7 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

The general showers are free! 

The spas have a donation for a shower there, I think it is £4 for an open air shower. 

Ah wow! That's great, will still try and fit in a water bucket wash, makes festival life real haha.

7 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

I particularly enjoyed that they put this after saying how expensive festivals are to attend a couple of paragraphs above. 2 cans a day is breakfast 

Have never seen them enforce is but I will still be hiding some around my packing.  

I'll be sneaking a few in too, understand the vendors have to be paid, but a nice balance is fair I think.

I got some nice clothing from the charity shop for the Friday, now to think about the furniture theme...