Football 2023/24

charlierc

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Of course they won't. People don't care about the game being officiated properly.

It's all tribal bollocks, the game is a farce and all people want to do is make pathetic comments about Klopp wanting replays.

If you could all get your heads out of your arses (@Crazyfool01 excepted) and come together over this then just maybe we might be able to watch a game won and lost on merit, not on the wims of at best incompetent refs.

Of course if it was utd that had the decision, you would be completely sympathetic. 

19 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Who are Liverpool fans going to blame for that goal? Can't be their own team's fault.

Van Dijk for the first one, stupid pass, lots of other options available.

Robertson for the 2nd, should have cleared it at the near post (though I'm not convinced it should have been a free kick).

The most annoying thing about the officiating is the inconsistency, on MOTD2 last night it was clear to see a player booked for waving an imaginary card and then nothing happening when a player on the opposing side did it. I

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

The most annoying thing about the officiating is the inconsistency, on MOTD2 last night it was clear to see a player booked for waving an imaginary card and then nothing happening when a player on the opposing side did it. I

"inconsistency"

I just think that feeling cheated and occasionally getting away with one is a desirable thing in football - its part of the fun of it all. I dont want metronomic perfection with decisions, i want to seethe and shout familial abuse at a bald man from a northern town. 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I just think that feeling cheated and occasionally getting away with one is a desirable thing in football - its part of the fun of it all. I dont want metronomic perfection with decisions, i want to seethe and shout familial abuse at a bald man from a northern town. 

Indeed. Scoring from a corner that should have been a goal kick is one of life's joys.

Edited by Gnomicide

So having been regulars in the bottom half in the Championship in the last few years, Birmingham City seem to have stabilised and were even in the top 6 in the league after beating local rivals WBA, only to sack manager John Eustace to make way for Wayne Rooney.

This has all the hallmarks of potentially going wrong. Not least given Birmingham sacked a manager in the play-offs for a "bigger name" in the form of Zola in 2016, only to end up nearly going down.

8 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Interestingly, its really tribal bollocks, which is what Skip was deriding in an earlier post 😄 its all come over a bit Alanis

Maybe it's best for all concerned that it's now international break time. If only so we can stop going round in circles about which clubs the referees are absolutely screwing over in favour of asking why Gareth Southgate keeps picking Henderson or Kalvin Phillips.

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

So having been regulars in the bottom half in the Championship in the last few years, Birmingham City seem to have stabilised and were even in the top 6 in the league after beating local rivals WBA, only to sack manager John Eustace to make way for Wayne Rooney.

This has all the hallmarks of potentially going wrong. Not least given Birmingham sacked a manager in the play-offs for a "bigger name" in the form of Zola in 2016, only to end up nearly going down.

is brum still owned by the dildo twins?

58 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Nah they bailed in 2009 and brought West Ham a year or so later. David Gold died earlier this year, but Sullivan and Gold's daughter are majority shareholders of them at present.

Thanks forgot that gold had died. Knew about whu, wasn't sure if  they were out of Brum.

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

Thanks forgot that gold had died. Knew about whu, wasn't sure if  they were out of Brum.

Nah mutli-club ownerships are getting increasingly common but I don't think we're yet at the point of people owning multiple clubs in England at the same time. They sold Birmingham, decided they wanted to stay in the sport, and decided to jump straight back in by buying West Ham at a time their then-owners had no money.