Football Shirt Crew

Drinky

On 6/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, Calum stoke said:

Haha. I remember Steve Bull destroying us many a time. Some player he was. 

If only we had someone with 0.01% of his predatory instinct we'd be absolutely flying. He was insane in front of goal and we've had no one like it since!

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2023 at 12:22 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ballard sitting pretty at the top of the Northwest Division. 

Ballard won the USL2 National Championships last night (at just past 5am UK time) with a 93rd minute winner (this should start just before the winner):

Cheers to everyone at the festival who I chatted Ballard, USL2 and general football with... fingers crossed I'll be back next year wearing the shirt with pride again (and with the flag!)

Edited by Drinky

On 8/6/2023 at 10:06 PM, Drinky said:

Ballard won the USL2 National Championships last night (at just past 5am UK time) with a 93rd minute winner (this should start just before the winner):

Cheers to everyone at the festival who I chatted Ballard, USL2 and general football with... fingers crossed I'll be back next year wearing the shirt with pride again (and with the flag!)

"It's a Thriller in Tucquilla!" Haha. Great line, bet he'd been saving that up all night.

Well played, Ballard. Everyone loves a 93rd minute winner.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2023 at 11:50 PM, august1 said:

just me that doesnt really get the footie shirt thing? I think non UK shirts are ok but feels a bit tribal for my liking at a music festival, although everyone wearing them seemed sound, no sign of aggro but if it snowballed into the whole site wearing them.. Leeds vs United at the Park, clashing with Liverpool/Everton on the pyramid 😂

not just you, it feels like wearing a football top seems to go against glasto ethos.....

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, bob323 said:

not just you, it feels like wearing a football top seems to go against glasto ethos.....

It would be if people wearing them behaved in a manor usually associated with football however all weekend i found everyone wearing them to enjoy the conversation and jokes that wearing X or Y shirt provoked and i certainly enjoyed the conversation i had with people who approached me about mine 🙂

• Upvote 1

I had a great chat with a fella in a Nairn County shirt, i'd far rather chat to someone who supports a shite team to be honest 😄 there's no time for tribalism and all that nonsense at glastonbury, everyone is potentially my mate. Even (insert your local rival here) fans! 

People speak about the Glastonbury ethos, but if it's about unity, support, teamwork, having fun, reducing social anxiety, leading healthier lives - these are all aspects that crossover to sports/football.

And anyone complaining about tribalism - just have a re-read of the 2023 headliners thread 😆

Swifties vs Gunners vs Coldplayers vs Dua Lovers vs Foalers.

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:19 AM, RossTC said:

It would be if people wearing them behaved in a manor usually associated with football however all weekend i found everyone wearing them to enjoy the conversation and jokes that wearing X or Y shirt provoked and i certainly enjoyed the conversation i had with people who approached me about mine 🙂

I've nothing against football per se

for me down it's to advertising an agressively competitive sport/ legue whilst being sponsored by big corps

It seems to me - for main clubs, money is the deciding factor in success - but hey it's just my non expert opinion

Edited by bob323