Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Goddamn it! Scowl was one of the only bands I was looking forward to seeing in Barcelona on the tumbleweed Friday!

Worth checking out Brutus and Gel if you’re a fan of Scowl. 

On 5/7/2024 at 10:25 AM, xxialac said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if they advertise it as 7pm and it's the only show that day, inevitably a lot of people will turn up last minute and would take a good old while to get everyone in. Can imagine they open doors at 7pm and the band come on stage at 7.30pm ish hence need to extend finish time.

Doors are at 5:30 btw https://www.salarazzmatazz.com/en/29-05-2024/the-national-primavera-a-la-ciutat

19 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I'm being priced out of it on the flight and hotel cost 😞 (EUR 120 flight and EUR 211 for hotel)

Not sure I can justify 330 extra

Bit the bullet, turns out changing my flight to 24 hours previous would have cost EUR 120 but cancelling, getting flight credit and then booking a new flight cost EUR 20 so I'm now looking forward to my first ever PS Wednesday and travel free Thursday!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Bit the bullet, turns out changing my flight to 24 hours previous would have cost EUR 120 but cancelling, getting flight credit and then booking a new flight cost EUR 20 so I'm now looking forward to my first ever PS Wednesday and travel free Thursday!

Makes a huge difference, pleased for you! Travelling on the Thursday makes it all feel so rushed...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is the new home page for the official website.

image.thumb.png.20289923b4d87ddebd27988b77e382ff.png

not just the homepage. the entire website. can't go to any other page. very nice.

I wonder what they'll do on the festival. stage named after him? special memorial show on the Shellac spot? they have PJ Harvey and probably other who worked with him on site

10 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

not just the homepage. the entire website. can't go to any other page. very nice.

I wonder what they'll do on the festival. stage named after him? special memorial show on the Shellac spot? they have PJ Harvey and probably other who worked with him on site

I don't think they'll name a stage after him, Primavera sell their stage names to sponsors, maybe if there is a stage that isn't sponsored.

I would expect some words spoken by some acts playing over the weekend. Jarvis for example will probably speak about him.

As for the Shellac slot, I assume they'll keep it in the schedule as intended and simply play some Shellac/Steve Albini songs that he has worked on over the PA.

RIP too Johann Johannson and Kevin Garcia who died just in the months before their performance.

I doubt they have time to organise a show and certainly won't name a stage after him (though could name something else after them). Assume will just be other musicians lauding his work and as they haven't released the timetables they don't have to be seen to replacing their slot specifically so will just add another band.

4 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

possibly another week without news due to the death of Steve Albini don't feel anything coming tomorrow

Agree. I think it would seem disrespectful to quickly pivot to positive news. I think this week is no longer on the table unless they trickle it out quietly tomorrow afternoon and then make the announcement on Monday.

28 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

Still hoping for a last-minute announcement.

Can't do without him. The Shellac of Primavera DJs.

From memory, it was disclosed as wanting to freshen things up but I got the impression it was more of a falling out. He's still djing, I assume he could play.

59 minutes ago, Thedestroyer said:

https://www.murderpm.com/p/the-steve-albini-problem

It would be abhorrent to name a stage at primavera  after Mr Albini. 

Please note the link contains upsetting comments by him.

Yeah fair. I was only aware of this today after I already made my posts yesterday. That's a good article which outlines everything quite clearly.

Very yikes. Dont know why it brought up him being pro-puberty blockers though.

Edited by scatteredscreens