Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

33 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Any last prediction for the headliners (both ciutat and the festival) ?

I'm predicting Lana del Rey, PJ Harvey, Pulp, The National, Kylie Minoque, Karol G, Massive Attack, The Smile and FKA Twigs to be the top lines.

Mitski and Jane's Addiction, together with Troye Sivan and Slowdive on second line.

No idea about ciutat, but for the wednesday Forum slot, I guess something relatively "easy listening" like Fleet Foxes, or maybe even Slowdive.

Probably missing 1-2 pop/urban headliners, but with Travis and SZA apparently out, I'm pretty clueless on who that should be. Happy to move the Smile, Twigs or even Kylie one line down for an extra big act.

Edited by Marty76

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

who sleeps the night before the lineup??😀

For me, much more difficult is to sleep AFTER the line-up is released. I remember the late evening leaks in 2018 and 2020 - both times I was dissecting the line-up till 3 a.m. (before a workday). I felt like a child at Christmas with hundreds of gifts - how can one sleep before unpacking all of them?

That's why I prefer the morning line-up releases, when I manage to calm down before the bedtime.

I've already set my day-off for Tuesday, so me and the poster can have some quality one on one time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

I'm predicting Lana del Rey, PJ Harvey, Pulp, The National, Kylie Minoque, Karol G, Massive Attack, The Smile and FKA Twigs to be the top lines.

Mitski and Jane's Addiction, together with Troye Sivan and Slowdive on second line.

No idea about ciutat, but for the wednesday Forum slot, I guess something relatively "easy listening" like Fleet Foxes, or maybe even Slowdive.

Probably missing 1-2 pop/urban headliners, but with Travis and SZA apparently out, I'm pretty clueless on who that should be. Happy to move the Smile, Twigs or even Kylie one line down for an extra big act.

I still think that Bad Bunny will occupy the pop/urban slot. 

45 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Fleet Foxes for Weds feels right.

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I still think hes way too big, I mean, the only artists in the world that are bigger than him are Taylor Swift anf maybe Beyonce

If it’s not him then who? I really thought that Travis and SZA would be on this one, and with Lana and Karol G that would be enough to sell a lot of tickets, but only having Lana and Karol idk if it’s enough. Maybe they have a surprise for us tho

21 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

He's posting "a lot" of stories since the end of October and he owes Primavera an apology and Gabi said recently he would love to have him. 

I decided to DREAM BIG. 

I love Frank’s music but I don’t want to have him at Primavera and then him not showing up. Anyway I think he’s as impossible as Taylor Swift. 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Strokes again? 

They had covid at the first weekend of 2022, I had covid at the second weekend of 2022, so I'd definitely take the opportunity to finally see them. Unfortunately, it's probably too soon and with no new music since 2022 I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Edited by pipan

Just now, pipan said:

They had covid at the first weekend of 2022, I had covid at the second weekend of 2022, so I'd definitely take the opportunity to finally see them. Unfortunately, it's probably too soon and with no new music since 2022 I'd say it's highly unlikely.

It’s even more “too soon” than The National. At least they have new albums. Plus Julian came this year. No chance for Strokes. The Cure seem to be the biggest contender for rock band headline slot. 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It’s even more “too soon” than The National. At least they have new albums. Plus Julian came this year. No chance for Strokes. The Cure seem to be the biggest contender for rock band headline slot. 

I'd definitely take them too - it would be also very in line with the "old school" line-up rumors.

I said the strokes, because there are not many big rock bands available for the headline spot. The strokes is a band that can go to onyl one festival, because they dont tour. Most of bands, they make a hughe tour.

Also most of the bands of.rock that could be in primavera are already book for other festivals.

The cure

The strokes

Are available and i see both of them as 

"Exclusive" for one festival, because they dont do losts of concerts.

1 hour ago, nicolaspepsi said:

I said the strokes, because there are not many big rock bands available for the headline spot. The strokes is a band that can go to onyl one festival, because they dont tour. Most of bands, they make a hughe tour.

Also most of the bands of.rock that could be in primavera are already book for other festivals.

The cure

The strokes

The Cure have 0 evidence of being active and one their band members has just announced they are seriously ill and arent going to be the Mexico and SA shows

1 hour ago, nicolaspepsi said:

The cure

The strokes

I mean for all we know we could get Pear Jam, they are announcing EU dates soon. Or they got Alanis Morissette. Or even Neil Young. Maybe they went for SOAD. But none of these have any indicatiom for touring in Europe in June and neither do the Strokes

• Upvote 1