Bearded Theory 2024

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks for your efforts with the Clashfinder again this year. The vast majority of people understand it's guesswork, just maybe not the ones on Facebook. 

I find it really helpful, I know stuff will change but it's a good indicator as to where I should be concentrating my listening pre-festival. 

I didn’t know one existed! Yes, found it, many thanks @Nobody Interesting

53 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Well I'm here and pitched etc. and it's warm and dry atm with little mud or churned up areas - just the odd small patch.

im only 40 mins away, if i pop by, will you put me tent up for me, save me doing it in the rain tomorrow 🙂

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

If you're camped in Oxfam field they'd prob let you put it up a day early, dunno.

ah sure was only messing, not in Oxfam, just being silly

Waiting on that out of office to kick in at 5.

I've waterproofed one of my hats. It's never been waterproof before so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

• Like 1

Just starting to pack, or at least put stuff in a general pile.

Will be down after work tomorrow evening so will be hoping for an unlikely break in the weather.

As much as I enjoy sitting outside with a can and the programme once the tent is up I’m sure we’ll manage.

Saturday teatime is the only obvious gap for me all weekend as seen Do Nothing a few times and not sure I am bothered about JimBob so another blast thru the playlist is in order.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

11 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Hope that everyone heading off tomorrow has a great evening (and festival); we’ll be joining you on Thurs lunchtime. 

is it currently bucketing it down on site? 

According to the radar it is dry on site but the rain is slowly, very slowly, heading that way.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have done my last update to the old clash finder.

Lots less accurate this year than the last 2 (cos I had a leak the last 2) but it will give you a rough idea.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

See you in the fields.

Thanks for all your work, just noticed a strange one, I usually modify the days to start at 12 noon  and end at 2 a.m. to fit the acts on the page better, couldn't get it to change in Firefox but it worked perfectly in Chrome, I know you've no control over this but I thought I'd mention it in case others had the issue.

9 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Well I'm here and pitched etc. and it's warm and dry atm with little mud or churned up areas - just the odd small patch.

That has changed... lol

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20240521_223355_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ddc05ff9f7f41ad8a807d198e4bd45f0.jpg

Worth pointing out that some other bars have slightly different choices too.

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have done my last update to the old clash finder.

Lots less accurate this year than the last 2 (cos I had a leak the last 2) but it will give you a rough idea.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

See you in the fields.

5 acts on Pallet on Thursday! 😉

Edited by Paul ™

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

5 acts on Pallet on Thursday! 😉

Any clues, can't decide whether to come for Thursday as Sprints and Soft Play clash and we're having to drive in every day (hence the car park question)

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

That has changed... lol

Worth pointing out that some other bars have slightly different choices too.

Certainly has +uckin changed!!! Rained all night, still raining this am and rest of today until tomorrow am according to met. Pack for wet / muddy - 2014 mark 2 coming up...

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Certainly has +uckin changed!!! Rained all night, still raining this am and rest of today until tomorrow am according to met. Pack for wet / muddy - 2014 mark 2 coming up...

Ahhhh balls...

...but on the plus side, music and beer in a field.

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Ahhhh balls...

...but on the plus side, music and beer in a field.

yep, beer and music in a field, i have to keep saying it to myself as i look out the window at the howling rain