Bearded Theory 2024

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This coming weekend will be warmer and sunnier.

After that the best guess is a return to more unsettled but drier overall weatgher.

Currently there are no signs of any prolonged warm dry weather but more than 2 weeks ahead things can and do change lots.

The good news is the ground is drying and will continue to do so.

👍

A repeat of last years conditions would be a dream..

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 10:25 AM, Karlhippy said:

Already starting to think about logistics: trolley [walks from car park], beer, food, tent, big jumpers, etc

I do it every year, I suppose it's all about the build up to the festival.

I've finally talked a few mates and their families into coming...one hasn't done a camping festival for about 8 years, the other one has never done one. I'm already in a flap about the logistics of trying to organise to make sure we all end up camped together. 

It will all be fine

I’m presuming it’ll be pretty cold, as it’s early in the season, in the midlands (it’s up north to me, but then Glastonbury is up north to me 😁) and it’s next to a river - I’m anticipating wearing more than the standard uniform of shorts and hoodies!

Will I need a Big Coat? I think I might 

You will definitely need a big coat.  I had frost on my tent last year, and it gets cold as soon as the sun dips.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’m presuming it’ll be pretty cold, as it’s early in the season, in the midlands (it’s up north to me, but then Glastonbury is up north to me 😁) and it’s next to a river - I’m anticipating wearing more than the standard uniform of shorts and hoodies!

Will I need a Big Coat? I think I might 

For the evenings you will need a coat or something warm. Day time is not too bad and the river might actually keep temperatures higher as water temps are higher than average this year.

• Upvote 1

I've decided to give BT a miss this year. Its just a poor line up for me, I'm down to line four of the poster before there is an act I want to see (Baxter Dury). Two adult tickets, a Campervan pass and (perhaps) Wednesday entrance would see me nearly £600 down before I cracked a tinny. So sadly I'm oot.

Hope everyone has a blast and the weather gods smile upon you.

I'd like to be back next year, fingers crossed.

On 4/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, Flaminglippy said:

I've finally talked a few mates and their families into coming...one hasn't done a camping festival for about 8 years, the other one has never done one. I'm already in a flap about the logistics of trying to organise to make sure we all end up camped together. 

It will all be fine

meet up Burton-on-Trent Morrisons and go in convoy from there

Also good for last minute food & beer, maybe even breakfast 👍

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

New location for the SE Tea Tent - between the Convoy Cabaret and the Woodland entrance and they will be opening on Weds afternoon with live music in the eve, and then a full programme from the Thursday through to the Sunday.

Probably better location for catching passing trade but I like where it has been for the last few years - it felt more intimate somehow because people searched it out.  

So it's gone to a 4 day festival now officially. Hope I get an early shift (have been warned it's possible). Getting in as staff might be a challenge now tho as we normally get to pitch up then told to drive back to customer parking a mile away and with all the extra traffic that will be tasty.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You obviously have  abetter ear trumpet than I do.

Its all the hills around thats muting the noise I reckon...

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

So it's gone to a 4 day festival now officially. Hope I get an early shift (have been warned it's possible). Getting in as staff might be a challenge now tho as we normally get to pitch up then told to drive back to customer parking a mile away and with all the extra traffic that will be tasty.

Numbers are limited on the Wednesday so shouldn't be that big an issue.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Would be good if they let Oxfam in Tuesday tbh...

I'd assume some of you will be as they will have positions to cover on the Wednesday.

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

It always has been 4 days hasn't it?

This year we have 5 cos of all the roadworks.

Not always, think the Thursday thing started back in 2017, for the 10th Anniversary

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Kind of more like 3.5 in terms of entertainment since stuff didn't really start on the Thurs until later on in the evening once everyone was in. Now Thurs is going to be a full day of stuff - is that right?

I first went in 2015 and arrived on Thursday and danced to music later that night.

Yes in 2014/15 they only had tornado town open on the Thursday.

Then in 2016 it was Maui Waui on the Thursday.

It was 2017 when it went to Pallet and Woodland stages on the Thursday 

29 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Kind of more like 3.5 in terms of entertainment since stuff didn't really start on the Thurs until later on in the evening once everyone was in. Now Thurs is going to be a full day of stuff - is that right?

This year Thursday will be  a full day yes, but only Woodland and Tea Tent until the normal 5/6pm ish start time for Pallet.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This year Thursday will be  a full day yes, but only Woodland and Tea Tent until the normal 5/6pm ish start time for Pallet.

And Convoy I believe 

Just now, Paul ™ said:

And Convoy I believe 

So far they have said Convoy, Woodland and tea Tent are open Weds but only Woodland on Thursday til eveing but Gail says Tea Tent is open from 1pm. Not seen mention of CC for Thursday but hopefully it will be open in some way.