Bearded Theory 2024

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, just a few acts on the Pallet and Woodland. 

Last year's...Screenshot_20240126_110227_Chrome.thumb.jpg.693807e3d5fc5cfd7ab281bf2d6b1f6b.jpg

If they’re making an announcement for the Thursday then surely we’ll be getting a few more names than last year? Can’t see anything previously on them making a separate Thursday announcement… 

Unless I’ve misunderstood their post completely and they’re just announcing on Thursday next week 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So the upcoming announcement is for the Thursday of the festival? In previous years hasn’t this been rather insignificant (lineup wise) compared to the other days?

Thats how I read it but think it was worded slightly ambiguously. 

They might be making more of a night of it going forward...which would definitely be the case if Future Islands are actually playing the Thursday as their website suggests. 

7 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Thats how I read it but think it was worded slightly ambiguously. 

They might be making more of a night of it going forward...which would definitely be the case if Future Islands are actually playing the Thursday as their website suggests. 

Would this require any change to the licensing application (if someone fancies a bit of detective work)?

10 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If they’re making an announcement for the Thursday then surely we’ll be getting a few more names than last year? Can’t see anything previously on them making a separate Thursday announcement… 

Unless I’ve misunderstood their post completely and they’re just announcing on Thursday next week 

Yep it had separate announcements last year.

Screenshot_20240126_212041_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Yep it had separate announcements last year.

Screenshot_20240126_212041_Facebook.jpg

Good spot! Admittedly I only checked their website for updates and couldn’t find one, but with going this year for the first time I’m a lot more alert to any social media post!

Hoping for something next week! 

Few bands playing around the weekend that I’m hoping can fit in somewhere; Gengahr, Royel Otis, American Football, Ash to name a few 

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Good spot! Admittedly I only checked their website for updates and couldn’t find one, but with going this year for the first time I’m a lot more alert to any social media post!

Hoping for something next week! 

Few bands playing around the weekend that I’m hoping can fit in somewhere; Gengahr, Royel Otis, American Football, Ash to name a few 

This is my third and have been counting down days to announcements each time so remember this one well. There is a Facebook group called Fanatics, however it is not the most friendly. The official one closed down last year as admin were inundate with direct questions which they did not have time to answer being volunteers. 

It is a great festival. Only one apart from G that I will book not knowing any line up.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

There is a Facebook group called Fanatics, however it is not the most friendly. The official one closed down last year as admin were inundate with direct questions which they did not have time to answer being volunteers. 

Firstly Fanatics is friendly, secondly the one that was closed down wasn't official and was also fan based. 

Edited by Paul ™

11 hours ago, onemoresolo said:

Would this require any change to the licensing application (if someone fancies a bit of detective work)?

I was thinking about that but then they had music on the Thursday last year so assumed they jad a 4 day licence anyway.

12 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Am still sticking with my orginal statement that I believe there is still one pallet headliner to be announced still.

Would be good if correct - but the DHP announcement did seem clear that they were our 6 headliners.............. time will tell and it will all be great anyway.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

This is my third and have been counting down days to announcements each time so remember this one well. There is a Facebook group called Fanatics, however it is not the most friendly. The official one closed down last year as admin were inundate with direct questions which they did not have time to answer being volunteers. 

It is a great festival. Only one apart from G that I will book not knowing any line up.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Firstly Fanatics is friendly, secondly the one that was closed down wasn't official and was also fan based. 

I second that re fanatics, perfectly friendly and also not an official group with normal punters as admins.

But you did not book until you know, and moaned about, the line up....................... tomato, tomato

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I second that re fanatics, perfectly friendly and also not an official group with normal punters as admins.

But you did not book until you know, and moaned about, the line up....................... tomato, tomato

Maybe @Chrisp1986 can start his own Facebook Group, maybe calling it Bearded Theory Moaners..... there's a few that should definitely be members there 😋

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

9 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

To be fair, I've not looked at the Bearded Theory Fanatics group as I thought it was just a rename of the old one, which was a bit of a cesspit. Full of negative posts on just about everything that suggested any sort of change. 

I'll check it out (as the kids say).

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

To be fair, I've not looked at the Bearded Theory Fanatics group as I thought it was just a rename of the old one, which was a bit of a cesspit. Full of negative posts on just about everything that suggested any sort of change. 

I'll check it out (as the kids say).

Nope, it was a group that was started a long time ago and became busier when the old fan one got closed. 
Yes that was an issue with the old one, but the new one as it's name suggests is for Bearded Theory Fanatics, anyone who isn't interested, or wants to slate it ie not a fan... shouldn't be there!

Web Version
6104527b-d5db-4a81-9061-b74be72abc0a.jpg

MORE NAMES COMING NEXT WEEK! 🙌

Our full Thursday opening party line-up is coming on TUESDAY! Make sure you tune in to see what's on offer for the early arrivals 👽

Until then, here's a little reminder of who'll be joining us (…so far!) in less than 4 months! Can you believe it?! We'll be back in those fields before you know it.

34 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Any ideas on the London, Bristol and Newcastle dates? Are they support slots?

Not sure...some of them aren't on their own website yet so some might other festivals (the London and Bristol dates are Saturday and Sunday, Newcastle a Weds so less unlikely to be a festival) 

Screenshot_20240128_193630_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Looking forward to the announcement of Thursday.  I've seen some good, unknown to me acts. Seem to remember the Pierce Brothers from Australia (2022?) were really good.  Didn't know them at all.  Others I've known but have been a good, fun start.  Added to that it's the first acts of the first festival of the year so I'm always up for enjoying myself.  The tent is pitched, the beer has been poured, the sun is usually shining. Great stuff!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Looking forward to the announcement of Thursday.  I've seen some good, unknown to me acts. Seem to remember the Pierce Brothers from Australia (2022?) were really good.  Didn't know them at all.  Others I've known but have been a good, fun start.  Added to that it's the first acts of the first festival of the year so I'm always up for enjoying myself.  The tent is pitched, the beer has been poured, the sun is usually shining. Great stuff!

Ahhh...that first beer once the tent is pitched is always the best beer of the year (although by that point its probably about my 4th of the day)

16 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Ahhh...that first beer once the tent is pitched is always the best beer of the year (although by that point its probably about my 4th of the day)

The first beer......... we drive down from Glasgow in a minibus with me driving so my first beer is the one thats handed to me as we pull into the carpark 🙂 

• Upvote 1