Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

20 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

His interview on iplayer is pretty great. Opening with a song "I haven't played in 10 years" complete change to the current tour setlist.

Got to be Are You Ready For Love? , right? Last time he played it was June 24th, 2014...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Arguably the same applies to Paul McCartney's guests, no real pre-existing connection that I'm aware of.

Not sure about Grohl, but McCartney and Springsteen had been guesting on each others shows, and playing together at RnR HoF ceremonies and similar countless times dating back decades.

5 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Do you have a link for this? I can't find it anywhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fsyw9n/glastonbury-elton-johns-guide-to-glastonbury?seriesId=b007r6vx-unindexed

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Not sure about Grohl, but McCartney and Springsteen had been guesting on each others shows, and playing together at RnR HoF ceremonies and similar countless times dating back decades.

Paul and Dave/Foos have done stuff together before. He even recorded a track with Nirvana*.

Edited by Enkidu

26 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Arguably the same applies to Paul McCartney's guests, no real pre-existing connection that I'm aware of.

Macca has guested on stage at least once with Bruce - notoriously at Hyde Park in 2012.

Macca and Grohl recorded Cut me some slack together. Before you come at me with "But Britney... " I'm not discounting Britney because of Hold Me Closer, I'm discounting her because she hasn't performed live in 5 years and is a mimer. But not discounting completely... the shopping comment....

30 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

His interview on iplayer is pretty great. Opening with a song "I haven't played in 10 years" complete change to the current tour setlist.

🙏 Madman Across The Water. 🙏

My Elton research is now started and complete, we watched Rocket Man last night - properly up for it now 🙂  I was hoping it was going to explain who the Kiki Dee person some people keep wanging on about as I've been too lazy to google and too afraid to ask.  She barely gets a mention so I'm none the wiser, anyone care to educate this heathen?  For now I'm sticking with Bono (I'm sure Elton fancies a trip to Vegas in reciprocation)

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She duets with him on Don't Go Breaking My Heart.  That's pretty much it 

Cheers, that was about all I got from it too.  Setlist.fm reckons he's played that song live 38 times (vs 2408 for Your Song), so I guess it would be pretty special if it got a play for Glastonbury.  He's performed Bang a Gong exactly zero times, that would be truly awesome.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I won't be pressing play on that....

Haha - you're not missing out on a cultural masterpiece.  As I went to share it just noticed U2 get the lead credit, so I'll pipe down on that one - don't think Elton is likely to be pressing play on that either

The more I think about it, the more I love the fact people bring out guests etc and just have fun and treat as a house party. If you want to see their 'normal' set then you CAN go and watch the tour with everyone else. 

I love the fact that (if rumours are to be believed) Elton seems to be treating it as something special. And if the spice girls, or Britney, or Eminem or the Pope come out to party and you don't like it...I hope you will just cheer anyway and take one for the team 🤣

5 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I can't see this happening. Bringing them on to sing an Elton song seems silly. Unsure if there's any connection and I can't see him giving up his stage for ' a few songs'. 

Apparently they've been friends for years. If true, Elton wouldn't be giving up the stage, he would be singing with them.
Probably won't happen, the most convincing thing is that Victoria Beckham will not be with them. Maybe he will just introduce them as Mel B, Mel C and Jeri

6 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Apparently they've been friends for years. If true, Elton wouldn't be giving up the stage, he would be singing with them.
Probably won't happen, the most convincing thing is that Victoria Beckham will not be with them. Maybe he will just introduce them as Mel B, Mel C and Jeri

Their last reunion, Victoria didn't perform and they were still labeled spice girls. So don't see how that adds to it. 

• Upvote 1