The Churnups Poll

gfa

Pulp or Foos?  

459 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK the churnups is?

• Foos
    • Pulp
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Who do you WANT the churnups to be?

• Foos
    • Pulp

11 hours ago, mufcok said:

The blur stuff will be paused/stopped for Gorillaz apparently next year as well

Damon doesn't stop, he's fitting 4 Gorillaz stadium shows in in America in September. Blur only finish in Japan in August, before they hit South America in November.

Edited by fullfathom5
capitalisation

Just now, shuttlep said:

The problem I have with it being the Foo's is that they are so massive , the crowd they would get  I think it is a stretch too far 

Wouldn't be any bigger than Kylie or Dolly.

Would probably be about the same size as the Foo Fighters crowd last time they played on the Pyramid, which was standard headliner size.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wouldn't be any bigger than Kylie or Dolly.

Would probably be about the same size as the Foo Fighters crowd last time they played on the Pyramid, which was standard headliner size.

but they only have just over and hour, they really need far more. it has tie be someone smaller 

15 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

but they only have just over and hour, they really need far more. it has tie be someone smaller 

On one hand yes, they need more time to account for Dave to give each song it's own introduction.

On the other, it's not a headline set and if they are to be headlining again properly in the next few years, it'll be better to have a shorter set to whet the appetite for the big one, rather than playing the a lot of songs from their last show and (possibly) the next.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

When did he hear about this? Don't remember anything posted at the time, otherwise it would have made them a strong rumour (or at least a rumour of some sort at the time). It could also be someone messing about and booking their hotel room under the name Dave Grohl as well for this reason.

1 minute ago, Joey01 said:

When did he hear about this? Don't remember anything posted at the time, otherwise it would have made them a strong rumour (or at least a rumour of some sort at the time). It could also be someone messing about and booking their hotel room under the name Dave Grohl as well for this reason.

December.

3 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Totally agree. Also doubt they’d book in under there real names, my limited experience with this is they always book under an alias 

7 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

That's really funny. I'm booking the Glastonbury Travelodge, under the name of Taylor Swift.

• Like 1

I saw Foo Fighters support Oasis back in 2005 (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2005/millennium-stadium-cardiff-wales-1bd58908.html).  They promised to pack as much energy and passion into their hour slot as they would for a full set.  They didn't disappoint and Dave kept the chat to a minimum.

I'm all for a repeat of that.  To be fair, the same 13 songs would still hold up as a decent set, 18 years later! 

28 minutes ago, Leon_Anthony said:

Where’s this Foo’s rumour come from? How do we know they’ve booked a hotel?

Forget the hotel rooms honestly

Dave Grohl used to be in a band called Churn

those two together make me think its 100% them honestly

You have to consider that they will have to make a special trip over (Foos) as they are stateside before and after, not that that'll be a major problem

A little curveball for you, a friend via another friend who, quote, "rarely gets these things wrong", has said it's the KLF

Look at the book - 2023, the pyramid on the cover and the band have done some pyramid tweeting recently 

2 minutes ago, gertcha said:

Are you sure? They were massive

If they were on the bill as a named act they would easily be 3rd from top 

I've heard of The KLF but couldn't tell you a single song / album from them at all. The rest of my group would be the same and probably couldn't place what genre of music they are.

I'm sure there'd be some people pleased but I do think the vast majority would be disappointed with that booking.