Live at Leeds: In the City 2023

Happening on Saturday 14 October this year. Early bird tickets now sold out, general sale now on for c. £46. 

First wave of artists coming next week. 

If anyone going to LAL In the Park tomorrow hears/see anything about the lineup please post in here - guess they could potentially have posters up about it

Decent first announcement imo. Around 10 acts I'd happily see having explored a few since it came out - though it will come down to clashes. Especially looking forward to Wunderhorse who I haven't seen before. Wondering if venues will be the same as last year or if they will also use the new Project House in Armley. Seeing as the people behind Brudenell and Belgrave (which are both used for LAL) are linked to Project House it doesn't seem impossible, although it would be a bit of a trek from the other city centre venues.

8 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Decent first announcement imo. Around 10 acts I'd happily see having explored a few since it came out - though it will come down to clashes. Especially looking forward to Wunderhorse who I haven't seen before. Wondering if venues will be the same as last year or if they will also use the new Project House in Armley. Seeing as the people behind Brudenell and Belgrave (which are both used for LAL) are linked to Project House it doesn't seem impossible, although it would be a bit of a trek from the other city centre venues.

Could be. It looks to be a similar capacity to the Leadmill in Sheffield, so an excellent addition to the city's venues. Also, no more of a trek than the Brudenell, Wardrobe and LUSU from central Leeds. Having covered the event as a photographer before, you need a plan, and a good pair of comfy shoes!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Final wave of acts coming tomorrow at 10am. Not expecting any massive names at this point, already a fairly stacked lineup. Probably going to be some painful clashes when the venue lineups come out 

Do you know when the set times/venue lineups are likely to be released? Will that come with the final wave tomorrow? On the fence about getting tickets and didn't want to commit if any of the ones I really want to see are clashing 

1 hour ago, panda97 said:

Do you know when the set times/venue lineups are likely to be released? Will that come with the final wave tomorrow? On the fence about getting tickets and didn't want to commit if any of the ones I really want to see are clashing 

Someone asked them this on Twitter and they said 'closer to the festival', which implied it's not coming tomorrow. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting tickets later on if you wait until they announce set times. I checked back and they released set times around a month before the festival last year, so hopefully it won't be too long before they confirm them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Someone asked them this on Twitter and they said 'closer to the festival', which implied it's not coming tomorrow. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting tickets later on if you wait until they announce set times. I checked back and they released set times around a month before the festival last year, so hopefully it won't be too long before they confirm them 

cheers!

Yeah but theres absolutely loads on there to see, for me. Its a new music festival. Loads complaining on instagram as theres no mid level lads lads lads bands 😂

my longlist

Bay bryan

Big special

Cucamaras

Django jones & mystery men

Fat dog

Gretel Hanlyn

Home counties

Hotwax

Jessica Winter

Keg

Lime Garden

Lynks

Snayx

The Bug Club

• Upvote 1

Over the years they've had loads of bands before their first albums were out, who've gone on to major headline status. Take a look back at lineups from early 2010s... If I was still in Leeds I'd definitely be going to check out who might be a contender.

Over the years they've had loads of bands before their first albums were out, who've gone on to major headline status. Take a look back at lineups from early 2010s... If I was still in Leeds I'd definitely be going to check out who might be a contender.

On 9/16/2023 at 5:34 PM, sheffinghell said:

Just checked out the 2018 line up - Vaccines, Idles, Magic Gang, Sam Fender, Dermot Kennedy, Tom Walker, Sea Girls, Yungblood, Maisie Peters, Sports Team, The Snuts !!

14 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Just checked out the 2018 line up - Vaccines, Idles, Magic Gang, Sam Fender, Dermot Kennedy, Tom Walker, Sea Girls, Yungblood, Maisie Peters, Sports Team, The Snuts !!

Yep, they've got form for booking people just before they go stellar. I remember seeing Alt J in a church with less than 200 people, 2014 they had Royal Blood at one of the uni venues, nowhere near the top slot, Catfish & the Bottle men in The Fav, Capaldi has played the Wardrobe, Sam Fender has  played a few years, Lizzo was also on in 2014, but didn't get to see her, 2012 had Jessie Ware and Bastille on early afternoon, and Public Service Broadcasting were upstairs in Milos bar after midnight...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Just seen that there is a club night called Projekt advertised at the O2 Academy on the 14th. It only starts at 11pm, so could be after Live at Leeds but I'm wondering if the O2 has been dropped as one of the venues this year 

O2 often run club nights after gigs, so it wouldn't be unusual. Also, If you look at the clashfinder for last year, LaL curfew at O2 was 10.30pm.