Wednesday Recommendations

Advice!

I've always arrived on Thursday, but this year I'll be an early bird.

Are there any recommendations for bars or entertainment from 7pm onwards on Wednesday?

Thanks on advance.

Head to the south around the stone circle and across that side toward the Crows Nest, on the hill, there will be hundreds soaking it all up and watching the first sunset over the festival site. Wonderful stuff! But you probably know that already, I just think its busier up there on Wednesday as less going on elsewhere so its just really full of happy people excited for whats coming up over the rest of the weekend

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The SE corner was open last year. The rocket lounge had a band on was pretty fun. 

Its just a nice night to go for a walk before the fireworks

Thanks I'll check it out. I've walked passed the rocket a few times but never really venture in.

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Head to the south around the stone circle and across that side toward the Crows Nest, on the hill, there will be hundreds soaking it all up and watching the first sunset over the festival site. Wonderful stuff! But you probably know that already, I just think its busier up there on Wednesday as less going on elsewhere so its just really full of happy people excited for whats coming up over the rest of the weekend

Would the bars up there be open, or is it a more byo vibe?

11 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Advice!

I've always arrived on Thursday, but this year I'll be an early bird.

Are there any recommendations for bars or entertainment from 7pm onwards on Wednesday?

Thanks on advance.

Could always come to the eFests meet in Ridge and Furrow? See how it goes from there. If it's not your cuppa, can always disappear quietly and check out the rest of the site 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Could always come to the eFests meet in Ridge and Furrow? See how it goes from there. If it's not your cuppa, can always disappear quietly and check out the rest of the site 

I like this idea, at least I'll have clean clothes that this point and can give a good 1st impression! 

Avalon is normally chilled - there’s the pub and usually a band on in the new cafe. 
lots going on around greenfields and craft. Bandstand too - Weds is usually a time to wander about and soak up the atmosphere. The fireworks and opening ceremony are usually packed though so unless you are keen I would give that a miss. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Would the bars up there be open, or is it a more byo vibe?

I think all the bars will be open at the bottom of the hill (so in the Park) but take a few cans up there and chill out on the hill, it really is a wonderful atmosphere up there

Last year we did the whole 'gotta take new people up the hill to show them the full view of the site' thing and it was packed to beyond being that fun, and a pain to get in/out/to toilets. The view of the fireworks also isn't great, as they've being fired off from so close to the hill.

What other spots are good to watch the fireworks, I was thinking maybe across the valley in the wood(sies) area?

14 minutes ago, coma girl said:

We ended up spending ages in the Hop and Liquor bar on the Wednesday night last year, it had a DJ playing a bit of an indie disco. The music was good and it never got super busy so bar queues weren't too bad.

Sound great. I'm not familiar with the Hop and Liqour, is that in the SE corner?

34 minutes ago, sedra said:

Avalon is normally chilled - there’s the pub and usually a band on in the new cafe. 
lots going on around greenfields and craft. Bandstand too - Weds is usually a time to wander about and soak up the atmosphere. The fireworks and opening ceremony are usually packed though so unless you are keen I would give that a miss. 

Thanks for the tip. Avalon is a lovely spot.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just wander, plenty bars, have a look round retailers, check out food outlets for the rest of the festival, Avalon is where we head for on Wednesday 

Thank you Chris.

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

We went to the Rum Shack and NYC Downlow on the Wednesday night last year. Wicked night! 

Wow, Downlow open on Wednesday! I wouldn't have thought it. I've often looked at the queue, but wondered if it was worth the wait. That said, last year missing Honey DJ with Rosin Murphy hurt.

3 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

The vibes in West Holts Bar were amazing on the Wednesday night last year.

I think I'm now officially overwhelmed with ideas, I thought It may be a quiet night! Thanks.

14 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Sound great. I'm not familiar with the Hop and Liqour, is that in the SE corner?

I think it was over by Silver Hayes maybe, my memory is a little hazy.

We were in there again on the Thursday and I remember it took a little while to locate it again!

6 minutes ago, coma girl said:

I think it was over by Silver Hayes maybe, my memory is a little hazy.

We were in there again on the Thursday and I remember it took a little while to locate it again!

near the Leftfield stage

Edited by gfa
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

near the Leftfield stage

Thanks! I have Leftfield anchored in.

As soon as I enter the gate, my sense of direction often goes out the window.