Eurovision 2023

Nikky

Atmosphere in Liverpool City centre was amazing yesterday, unfortunately we couldn't get in for Sophie Ellis Bextor but it was nice to see it all. Was also happy to get The Lightning Seeds at The Cavern on the back of it all the other day.

Will be avoiding the actual contest tonight though!! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I'm always surprised at how divisive Eurovision is.

I was in a pub in Clapham on Thursday, West Ham were playing, and the match was on the pub telly. Most of the room were 30sometings out for a night, with no interest in the game, except a couple of lads, nursing their pints. Before I went to the bar, I asked them if they were still watching the game, the Hammers were at home 0-1 down and not looking great. One of the guys was horrified when I mentioned that I would ask the bar to turn on Eurovision semi if they were not watching the football. So horrified, that 5min later they both left.

The karma here was that straight after they left, WH scored two goals and won. The bar couldn't put Eurovision anyway due to all the screens in the bar being on one tuner. 

Hakuma Matata