Family Camping question

SecretFish

I shall be travelling on my own to the festival on wed morning. My primary school age kids will be joining me after school on the Fri. 

I want to camp in the family camp… will this be an issue as it’ll just be me for the first few days? 

22 hours ago, SecretFish said:

I shall be travelling on my own to the festival on wed morning. My primary school age kids will be joining me after school on the Fri. 

I want to camp in the family camp… will this be an issue as it’ll just be me for the first few days? 

Hi 🙂 no shouldn't be a problem if you explain. Cockmill fills early but isn't strictly family ie nobody on entrance turning you away. Wicket (or whatever second family camp will be this year as it's moving) is stricter on door policy of just families but fills up more slowly as not as central.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hijack the thread but a similar question - we are arriving Thursday morning/lunchtime - based on last year will Wicket family camping be full by then?

We’ll likely be arriving at gate D - so will check campsite boards & may just head south towards Back House/Baileys or somewhere with a shorter walk - but helpful to know what it was like last year, many thanks 

On 5/6/2023 at 11:41 AM, SecretFish said:

Wonder if you should write to them in ad advance to hopefully get an approval reply to show?

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2023 at 12:50 PM, mario man said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but a similar question - we are arriving Thursday morning/lunchtime - based on last year will Wicket family camping be full by then?

We’ll likely be arriving at gate D - so will check campsite boards & may just head south towards Back House/Baileys or somewhere with a shorter walk - but helpful to know what it was like last year, many thanks 

We arrived around 12pm on Thursday in 2019 and still found room for a large six person tent.

It would have been no problem with a smaller tent but we had to hunt around to find space for such a large tent.

This year however one section of Wicket has been changed to disabled camping. So there might be less room than previously.

• Upvote 1