Unpopular Opinions - Glasto Edition

Justcalledtosay

15 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

It depends what you class as the one trick pony I guess, If you class production in general as a one trick pony, then fine, but I believe BT change the theme every year, so the production itself changes year on year, so not really a one trick pony in that respect.

Things change very slowly in the SE corner, the instillations tend to hang round for at least 10 years and there would be some back to back years when you’d be hard pressed to see any changes. 

I meant it's USP is all about the city and the scenery. It doesn't have the depth of Glasto. 
I was responding to someone saying it's more exciting than Glasto but the ticket buying public clearly don't think so. 

19 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So to follow up, here’s my controversial opinion (as if it wasn’t clear already).

The Brothers Bar is the massive zit on Glastonbury’s otherwise perfect skin.

Lol. Thanks 👍

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I noticed a of disposable vapes lying around the various festivals and gigs I went to over the summer!

These are more of a problem than NOS canisters.

More difficult to dispose of/recycle (not sure if possible) and prone to causing fires in bin lorries and waste disposal plants.

Should be banned.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Still seeing loads of them about.

Can't find any evidence that they've been banned.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

Still loads of flares as well. Doesn't make loads of difference unfortunately.

It's actually kind of weird they're calling out Nos on that list and not all the other illegal substances mind.

16 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's actually kind of weird they're calling out Nos on that list and not all the other illegal substances mind.

Ah I was thinking about an actual ban, i.e. from being sold, not a Glastonbury ban, but it is being talked about.

They're not the only festival that does this, as far as I can remember Shambala does so and also "legal highs", again with no mention of other illegal substances.

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It does when they highlight it … if it’s just put onto the list of banned items quietly no one will take much note …. They asked for the sacred space to be respected ref NOS and things improved . Also they banned sky lanterns and you don’t see them now . The abandoned tents also much better … so if the festival asks then many people do what they ask 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Ah I was thinking about an actual ban, i.e. from being sold, not a Glastonbury ban, but it is being talked about.

They're not the only festival that does this, as far as I can remember Shambala does so and also "legal highs", again with no mention of other illegal substances.

No one really wants their festival to be completely drug free do they? 

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'd bloody love a straight edge festival: no drugs, no alcohol, even caffeine etc banned.

Just music and people, unadulterated 👍

They do exist, but they're small events with limited music (no big/medium artists/bands), although I unaware of any that have banned caffeine.

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

No one really wants their festival to be completely drug free do they? 

Well no, but it's sort of a double standard of "they should ban Nos" and "but not the drugs I prefer".

It does suggest there's other reasons they care about it. Like I said last week, must be the sheep 😄

39 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It does when they highlight it … if it’s just put onto the list of banned items quietly no one will take much note …. They asked for the sacred space to be respected ref NOS and things improved . Also they banned sky lanterns and you don’t see them now . The abandoned tents also much better … so if the festival asks then many people do what they ask 

It sometimes does. If you look at that page the first thing on it is that they want people to bring less stuff, which doesn't seem to be working. I suspect the plea for not bringing wet wipes isn't going well either.

38 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'd bloody love a straight edge festival: no drugs, no alcohol, even caffeine etc banned.

Just music and people, unadulterated 👍

Now then.

The most controversial of controversial opinions.

200,000 people with caffeine withdrawal would not be pretty.

Actually, just me with caffeine withdrawal would not be pretty.

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It sometimes does. If you look at that page the first thing on it is that they want people to bring less stuff, which doesn't seem to be working. I suspect the plea for not bringing wet wipes isn't going well either.

the bringing less stuff can't really be measured .... its stuff that's left that's the issue which can . I would say that wet wipe use has also decreased ... last year many people around us used portable showers but again thats unmeasurable but you do have all the people who have access to the sticklinch and worthy view showers also 

16 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Now then.

The most controversial of controversial opinions.

200,000 people with caffeine withdrawal would not be pretty.

Actually, just me with caffeine withdrawal would not be pretty.

For those of us who pretty much never have caffeine, it would be extremely amusing 😄 i'll keep you all at bay with the promise of those hideous coffee Revels! 

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the bringing less stuff can't really be measured .... its stuff that's left that's the issue which can . I would say that wet wipe use has also decreased ... last year many people around us used portable showers but again thats unmeasurable but you do have all the people who have access to the sticklinch and worthy view showers also 

We really noticed that near our camp as we were camped near the fence at the top of Paines ground.

A LOT of people were coming past our camp to then shower next to the fence by the path........not just a few.....like at least 10 people at any given moment each morning just in front of our camp.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We really noticed that near our camp as we were camped near the fence at the top of Paines ground.

A LOT of people were coming past our camp to then shower next to the fence by the path........not just a few.....like at least 10 people at any given moment each morning just in front of our camp.

When I first went I think all of my group would wet wipe wash … and they are pretty useless tbh , now none of us use them … same with us the harras fence was often used by people showering .