Carry on Camping

JayDiesel

Hola all,

It's my first year at the Farm this year, and all me and my gang have left to discuss is the glorious subject of 'Where the fuck do we camp??'.

I thought I'd set up a little thread for people to chat about where is best to camp depending on 'vibe', location, and just general shenanigans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Hola all,

It's my first year at the Farm this year, and all me and my gang have left to discuss is the glorious subject of 'Where the fuck do we camp??'.

I thought I'd set up a little thread for people to chat about where is best to camp depending on 'vibe', location, and just general shenanigans.

Have a look at Glastoearth, Torts glastonbury guide. It gives great festival info including details of each campsite, where they are, what they are like etc etc 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Hola all,

Have a look at Tort's  guide. It gives all the answers:

https://www.glastoearth.com/?m=1

In general your Glasto experience begins with how and when you plan to arrive. This is the overriding factor in determining where you can camp. Popular sites near the Pyramid & Other Stage etc will fill very quickly. And people will begin queuing Tuesday evening for the gates opening at 8am Wednesday

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

some threads including one i made last year before my first go - 

Big question is how are you getting there and therefore when will you arrive?

Thank you! Arriving at 7am or so from Bristol on a coach - not the official See Tickets coach, but a coach nonetheless

Just now, JayDiesel said:

Thank you! Arriving at 7am or so from Bristol on a coach - not the official See Tickets coach, but a coach nonetheless

Excellent stuff.  I had a similar arrival by coach last year and it was probably the easiest queue experience I've had.

You'll pretty much be able to camp where ever you want so it all depends on what you want out of the campsite and where you're most likely to spend the majority of the festival.

Like to be pretty much central and see yourself being the SEC till the early hours every morning?  Pennard Hill

If you're all about whats on in Silver Hayes and The Other stage but like to be close to the Park and Arcadia  - Oxylers

If you're a Pyramid Enjoyer - Row Mead, Kidney Mead and Big ground - though does fill up quickly and is a bit of schlep from Gate A

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Excellent stuff.  I had a similar arrival by coach last year and it was probably the easiest queue experience I've had.

You'll pretty much be able to camp where ever you want so it all depends on what you want out of the campsite and where you're most likely to spend the majority of the festival.

Like to be pretty much central and see yourself being the SEC till the early hours every morning?  Pennard Hill

If you're all about whats on in Silver Hayes and The Other stage but like to be close to the Park and Arcadia  - Oxylers

If you're a Pyramid Enjoyer - Row Mead, Kidney Mead and Big ground - though does fill up quickly and is a bit of schlep from Gate A

Thanks man, reassuring to hear that we can throw ourselves about anywhere - absolutely cannot be arsed with the inevtiable 'chats' with the pals about where we finally settle!

8 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Thanks man, reassuring to hear that we can throw ourselves about anywhere - absolutely cannot be arsed with the inevtiable 'chats' with the pals about where we finally settle!

One tip - decide before you go on a first and second choice etc. If you start a committee meeting once you've hiked from PGA it'll be a nightmare! 

Ben

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

All good answers, but I find myself wondering daily what % of Glastonbury goers/regulars know that the camping field is actually called Oxlyers, not Oxylers! I swear more get it wrong than correct! 

Ben

TIL

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

Pennards is feral though. Never going back there.

The further you are from the action the less feral the campsite, and I’m happy with a bit of a walk so prefer to be on the outskirts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

some threads including one i made last year before my first go - 

Big question is how are you getting there and therefore when will you arrive?

Having Park Home and Pennards as one zone is nuts to me - two very different atmospheres.

Park home (pre-arcadia) was my absolutely favorite spot hands down, since arcadia though we tend to park more dairy ground area and pennards crowd seems to have spilled over to park home

4 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Pennards is feral though. Never going back there.

The trick is to stay out late enough that the majority of people have already gone to bed.

Though in my experience it's not too bad as long as you camp in the middle of the field and not on the edge of the pathways.  Maybe I've been lucky with good neighbours or maybe my hearing is worse than I think. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

is actually called Oxlyers, not Oxylers!

damn it. best hand in my Glastonbury obsessive fan card

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Having Park Home and Pennards as one zone is nuts to me - two very different atmospheres.

Park home (pre-arcadia) was my absolutely favorite spot hands down, since arcadia though we tend to park more dairy ground area and pennards crowd seems to have spilled over to park home

I had never been at the time. Both are very central campsites that are next to Arcadia. I'm sure they can't be that different.