Rock n Roll Circus Sheffield

sheffinghell

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

There's a few last minute tickets coming up on Tickets for Good (NHS). I just got Noel G for tonight (listing closes 2.30pm latest). Self Esteem also going on this afternoon.

Yeah, just noticed they become available but to far for me. Decent looking line-up, so hope you have a good time.

Some thoughts after Noel G last night... they need someone better on the sound desk. The Cribs sound was muddy, which was a shame because they put on a good show. Happy Mondays sound was good, but not exceptional. Noel G sound was bad down front, but better towards the back.

The big issue though is the size of the site. It's just not big enough. Very little outside space with that tent, and they had the sides of the tent closed in to allow for VIP and Gold areas, and two inside bars. It made for a very unpleasant experience for the headline when the tent was nearer to capacity. Would be better as open air.

Edited by sheffinghell

Self Esteem day was probably half to 2/3  capacity. It was seriously good value with stellar sets from Self Esteem and Confidence Man, a solid performance from Natalie Imbruglia and fun from Bimini, Numpties and the circus acts. Plus, the BBC Introducing stage lineup was really good, especially Precious Pepala, Oh Papa and Gia Ford. Essentially, you were never more than two minutes away from music. Not sure why they had a pop-up Honda bike dealership or a gigantic and expensive pick n mix stall, but the small number of food outlets seemed good quality. Limited beer choices, but not dire. Would go again for this type of day, but not for the Noel Gallagher type of day which was a different vibe, over-crowded and suffered from sound issues.

Really good couple of days

the sound was definitely rubbish Friday! 

Saturday might have been one of my favourite days at a festival this year! Loved it from start to finish, ended the night next to nick banks and Richard Hawley, didn’t quite click who they were till it was slightly too late. I was talking to nick banks thinking ‘I know you but where from’ 😂 wish I’d asked him if pulp are playing Glastonbury next year 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, the hitcher said:

Really good couple of days

the sound was definitely rubbish Friday! 

Saturday might have been one of my favourite days at a festival this year! Loved it from start to finish, ended the night next to nick banks and Richard Hawley, didn’t quite click who they were till it was slightly too late. I was talking to nick banks thinking ‘I know you but where from’ 😂 wish I’d asked him if pulp are playing Glastonbury next year 😂

100% ! I clocked Hawley too. Good to see them supporting newer artists as fans.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, the hitcher said:

That’s one day I definitely won’t be going too then 😂

IMG_0283.png

Not my thing. I don't know much about her, but wonder if it will sell any better than Self Esteem last year, which was max half full, even with loads of freebies.

On 11/27/2023 at 1:53 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Becky Hill is massively bigger than Self Esteem. Even just Spotify listeners you're looking at 150k vs 16.4m. No idea if her day sells out but Hill is on a whole other level. 

Spotify isn't a great indicator, but you're right - Becky Hill plays arenas, Self Esteem doesn't. It should do a bit better, although it is surprising a Self Esteem hometown show didn't do very well.

11 hours ago, pedrogooch said:

Spotify isn't a great indicator, but you're right - Becky Hill plays arenas, Self Esteem doesn't. It should do a bit better, although it is surprising a Self Esteem hometown show didn't do very well.

Self Esteem is awesome but think she is still a bit under the radar.  Critically acclaimed but probably not gone true mainstream unlike Becky Hill, which is no bad thing.

Think Self Esteem will be a good shout for subbing main stage at Tramlines this year.  Seen her live 3 times and brilliant each time as well as seeing her in the West End in Cabaret last month and was unbelievable in that.  A true talent.