Rock n Roll Circus Sheffield

sheffinghell

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

can somebody clue me in on how events like this make money. None of last year's sold out - not even Noel - and ones like self esteem were giving away freebies like sweets. Same looks likely again this year - so where's the money being made here? 

No idea, even if they pretty much got the site for free (the council/tourist promotion listed as 'partners'). Rummaged around a bit, pretty much a one woman show, with background in PR / sponsorship deals, including some time with Virgin Money on the music side of things. I guess maybe a couple of clues there... Company accounts are vague as it is very much classed an SME at the moment.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WRhodes493 said:

Hawley confirmed - this day definitely excites me, also being a fan of The Divine Comedy and The Coral! 

Agree, this is a fantastic line-up so far! I'm hoping they might find a slot for John Grant, even as a special guest with Richard.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, WRhodes493 said:

Seems to be the week of festival announcements - more coming from RNR, suspect this could be the Sunday announcement?

Would think so, although it's weird they announced 3-day 'weekend' tickets when it's supposed to be 4 days, and have since taken them off sale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ads on socials now for the Sunday announcement with Rifles 'Jimmy was a local boy'. Rifles are on Saturday, so is it another local headliner, or is that too cryptic? Btw, the other person checking it out with Hawley last year was Nick Banks... we can only hope!

Edited by sheffinghell

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WRhodes493 said:

Announcement would seem to be imminent! Though they said "more information tomorrow" yesterday, so unless they're going for a late night announcement not sure what's happened there... 

There's obviously been a delay for some reason as they've posted other general engagement stuff tonight. I'm still half hoping it's Pulp. I guess we'll soon find out!

Btw, their viral things are worth signing up for. Last year I got a plus one for Self Esteem for very little effort and a couple of weeks ago I got 2x VIPs and a signed vinyl for Hawley for not much more effort.

12 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Btw, their viral things are worth signing up for. Last year I got a plus one for Self Esteem for very little effort and a couple of weeks ago I got 2x VIPs and a signed vinyl for Hawley for not much more effort.

Viral things?