2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

41 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

if he hasn't hes done pretty well to find those randomly in different locations 

I have done call centre work, but didn't do outbound. 

Assuming they're manually dialing and including no answers, engaged, confused shop workers and whatever... say 2 mins shop up to 5 mins per shop? 

So 12 to thirty per hour? 

18 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I have done call centre work, but didn't do outbound. 

Assuming they're manually dialing and including no answers, engaged, confused shop workers and whatever... say 2 mins shop up to 5 mins per shop? 

So 12 to thirty per hour? 

Or he could have just found a list of email addresses and sent and email to every shop hoping they'd all reply

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I can’t believe there are still shops with 15 bars left in them. Are these places renound for being all fuddy duddy and anti-Glastonbury or something? Hope somebody goes in and buys the lot and manages to get a ticket rather than what was said above, even if that is the most likely outcome. 

Leominster, definitely!

1 hour ago, prestonmike said:

Or he could have just found a list of email addresses and sent and email to every shop hoping they'd all reply

Adding in 600 addresses and then reading 600 responses?
It's incredibly generous to have gone to so much trouble to share the information.

16 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

maybe they are withholding the last golden ticket till the final week so as to sell as many bars as possible. 

The competition is supposed to finish on the 16th so I guess they’ll have to see whether that last one is found in that time! 

13 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Well I saw Leominster was sold out of the tweet. Colchester is sold out (seen with my own eyes).. we need an Inverness update 😂

Imagine if you were the receiver of one as a gift from someone to find out you’d won after the deadline!

On 6/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, cb4747 said:

why would they tell people it’s been found if there’s still non-winning stock to be sold? They’ll wait until all the stores are sold out and then announce the winner. 

Maybe if there was countless boxes left, but at this point where most shops are sold out (though I don't believe that anyone checked in with 600 odd shops), then that's not going to be a consideration. Oxfam sell Toneys chocolate anyway (at the same price) so they can just integrate any unsold stock in with that - they don't need to shift it out of the door urgently.

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

The top 3 creators will win? Well that's a bit rubbish for us lowly people with no followers 🤣

I know it's raising money (which we LOVE, of course, don't get me wrong) but this competition feels a bit icky and beggy.. idk. And the usual people on the top of the 'leaderboard' are just going to act even wilder for this ... Idk, it's kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Especially considering how Glasto prides itself on not having influencers etc. getting priority... 

Was hoping it'd be a make a video one again or something fun.

Sorry for the rant. 

6 minutes ago, esio said:

I know it's raising money (which we LOVE, of course, don't get me wrong) but this competition feels a bit icky and beggy.. idk. And the usual people on the top of the 'leaderboard' are just going to act even wilder for this ... Idk, it's kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Especially considering how Glasto prides itself on not having influencers etc. getting priority... 

Sorry for the rant. 

Completely agree, having to have over 1k followers to start is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, esio said:

Sorry for the rant. 

Completely agree, I love how much money it will raise but does really play into the influencer culture (which personally, I hate!) 

Especially when a lot of them could probably find contacts to get there if they really wanted to

• Upvote 2