2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

I dreamt last night I was at a Blur gig in unfamiliar surroundings. Leaving aside all real world monetary considerations, over the course of the morning, it has become clear to me that this was a vision, not a dream and Blur are about to be announced as the mystery act, held back while they released the new album, to be played in full at EOTR. You're welcome.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Smokes said:

I know EOTR wanted Amyl and the Sniffers, If they could just work round their appearance in Bristol that weekend.

And the Electric Picnic

17 minutes ago, Johnny Smokes said:

My tip for ??? is Jeffrey Lewis and the Voltage.

Theyre playing the Manchester Psych fest that day

Edited by The Nal

14 minutes ago, Johnny Smokes said:

My tip for ??? is Jeffrey Lewis and the Voltage.

However, 

Slowdive's new album is out that weekend.

I know EOTR wanted Amyl and the Sniffers, If they could just work round their appearance in Bristol that weekend.

Jeffrey Lewis is at Manchester Psych Fest, A&tS are at Forwards, Slowdive are playing Green Man and artists that far up the GM bill never play EOTR.

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

That would be a sweet addition. Cancelled their tour earlier this year and I never saw a reason why. Was supposed to be seeing them in Margate and was well up for it 

Algiers are absolutely the kind of band Simon would be after too. (Although they're playing the Saturday of Supersonic, before anyone suggests them)

Any chance Jeffrey Lewis could be one of the surprise shows on Sunday night? No idea what to expect from these slots, but it seems ??? gets a lot of attention when there are multiple other surprises on the lineup... 

Would mean JL going Kent to Manchester to Somerset over the weekend. Rough few days regardless of how likely he'd otherwise fit any of the spaces. 

20 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Any chance Jeffrey Lewis could be one of the surprise shows on Sunday night? No idea what to expect from these slots, but it seems ??? gets a lot of attention when there are multiple other surprises on the lineup... 

Would mean JL going Kent to Manchester to Somerset over the weekend. Rough few days regardless of how likely he'd otherwise fit any of the spaces. 

As mentioned he says he's not playing, and it looks like Picture Parlour might be already taking up one of those secret sets, but a lot of EOTR acts are also playing Manchester Psych. In fact MadMadMad are at Manc Psych, taking an early slot at EOTR on Sunday, then playing Smugglers Festival near Deal in Kent ON THE SAME NIGHT.

So, do we think the ??? Will be revealed in advance, or will it just be a case of turning up and being pleasantly surprised (or otherwise) on the day?

The only similar one I can remember was Shame in the Big Top in 2019. Pretty sure that was a secret until the day itself.

20 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

As mentioned he says he's not playing, and it looks like Picture Parlour might be already taking up one of those secret sets, but a lot of EOTR acts are also playing Manchester Psych. In fact MadMadMad are at Manc Psych, taking an early slot at EOTR on Sunday, then playing Smugglers Festival near Deal in Kent ON THE SAME NIGHT.

Mad by name......

6 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

So, do we think the ??? Will be revealed in advance, or will it just be a case of turning up and being pleasantly surprised (or otherwise) on the day?

The only similar one I can remember was Shame in the Big Top in 2019. Pretty sure that was a secret until the day itself.

My suspicion is it'll be announced in the week of or before the festival, especially being in such a high bill position. Notice that apart from being on the graphic EOTR aren't drawing attention to it in a way they do when advertising 'special guests', which leads me to think they're bound by contractual or label restrictions.

Wild Beasts (when Boy King had just come out) and Alabama Shakes (doing a second set) were both listed as Special Guests.

33 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

😄 was wondering why there was a PP song on the (@bravesirrobin?) spotify playlist - cheers

59 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

Wild Beasts in the big top in 2016 was also a secret set 

Edited by wolfamongwolves