Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

4 minutes ago, lukatej said:

We are missing some names for the Friday, right? Main stage has 6/4/7 names only.

Thursday is packed, friday is little weird.

Also how is it with the prices of drinks/food inside? Ive never been to Spanish festival before 🙂

That 6/4/7 split isn’t the one for the main stage. 

The evidence points heavily to no more names.

The evidence does point heavily to no new names, unfortunately :(

The only thing I would say is that if you directly port the first and second lines from Kalorama to Cala Mijas. M83=Moderat. Young Fathers = Idles.  Aphex Twin= Strokes. Yeah Yeah Yeahs= ?. 

I think we if don't get the YYYs or a replacement for them we're getting a little short changed IMO. (I was actually thinking today Christine and the Queens would be a fitting replacement). But, I might be wrong if anyone else can see something I'm missing? (Also very sad about M83 and Young Fathers). 

Edited by Florence2010

15 minutes ago, lukatej said:

We are missing some names for the Friday, right? Main stage has 6/4/7 names only.

Thursday is packed, friday is little weird.

Also how is it with the prices of drinks/food inside? Ive never been to Spanish festival before 🙂

I also think the size of the acts on the Friday is odd. Amyl and the Sniffers are smaller than a lot of those acts from the packed Thursday.

15 hours ago, josemalaga said:

Well, I think that they will add 2-3 midline groups, they removed the closed sign and every time the CM is asked if the full lineup, he does not respond, if it were, it would be blunt...

And they should add all of them to the Strokes day

15 hours ago, josemalaga said:

Well, I think that they will add 2-3 midline groups, they removed the closed sign and every time the CM is asked if the full lineup, he does not respond, if it were, it would be blunt...

Why would they write repeatedly and emphatically before that the lineup was closed?

It’s not something you do by mistake.

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why would they write repeatedly and emphatically before that the lineup was closed?

You are right, but why deleat it after? It’s not something you do by mistake either…

maybe the backlash was so heavy they rethought some things… 🤷‍♂️

it’s undeniable that the final poster left a bad taste comparing it to Kalorama

Edited by Daniel Comino Royuela

Because marketing.

Posters normally say ‘and more’ when there is more. Cala Mijas last year did this before adding Nick Drake.

I don’t they can get the likes of Yeah Yeah Yeahs to reroute their tours now.

They need to sell tickets so want people to think there might be more names to come and in this way have done so without lying. 

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Because marketing.

Posters normally say ‘and more’ when there is more. Cala Mijas last year did this before adding Nick Drake.

I don’t they can get the likes of Yeah Yeah Yeahs to reroute their tours now.

They need to sell tickets so want people to think there might be more names to come and in this way have done so without lying. 

Also I do think it's odd the YYYs have only 5 dates in Europe (incl Kalorama) so far and aren't doing Cala Mijas. Do you think Mijas just ran out of money?

21 hours ago, Ohad said:

Just bought a daily ticket for Strokes day! Had no idea there are daily tickets for Cala Mijas (were there?)

How far is the festival actually from the city? Are there shuttles to and from the festival? Thanks!

They started selling daily tickets after announcing the day splits

The festival is like 1.5 hour bus ride from Malaga CIty

5 hours ago, aaalive said:

They started selling daily tickets after announcing the day splits

The festival is like 1.5 hour bus ride from Malaga CIty

Thanks! Bought shuttle tickets from the cala mijas website.

If I'm honestly only interested in the strokes, returning at 2:30 is safe, right?

14 hours ago, Ohad said:

Thanks! Bought shuttle tickets from the cala mijas website.

If I'm honestly only interested in the strokes, returning at 2:30 is safe, right?

If you mean set times, my guess is The Strokes finishing their set about 1 am, but can't be sure. You can check last year's schedule here

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

Seetickets offering reduced price for anyone still on the fence about going to this. It states that only 200 tickets available at this price

https://calamijas.seetickets.com/event/cala-mijas-festival-2023/cala-mijas/2403919?offercode=specuk23&utm_source=identity&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cala-mijas-offer-19-04-23&src=mk_etcala-mijas-offer-19-04-23

Impressing, it's literally a 50% discount! I personally will try my luck with Ticketswap though