Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And another week gone by. Friends are making other plans now…

Is it allowed now to say it’s disappointing that we haven’t had a single new name in 4 months?

They said on Instagram yesterday the announcement is in a few days. Its very long but they could be waiting on an artist to announce a tour.

Took another look at Rock en Seine lineup. Fingers crossed for Turnstile, Wet Leg, Dry Cleaning, The Murder Capital.

Also still no electronic acts announced, and last year they had a whole stage for that (and also some big names on other stages), so might expect something like this. Any guesses?

UPD: I forgot that The Blaze were announced, anyway we're gonne get a lot more

Edited by aaalive

33 minutes ago, pothead pixie said:

Waiting on word from this too as Electric Picnic only has eleven names down so far, this festival, the one in Lisbon Portugal, Kalorama are on the same weekend all have to still announce their second announcements, just wondering if there will be crossover Amyl is playing both EP and CM.

Kalorama will be nearly the same line up as Cala Mijaes. Last year I was sitting at the pool drinking cocktails looking at my friends at home getting pissed on at picnic. I honesty don't think when this line up finally comes out that it will be disappointment. They have a lot to live up to from last year and now wouldn't be the time to let that momentum slip. 

4 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Took another look at Rock en Seine lineup. Fingers crossed for Turnstile, Wet Leg, Dry Cleaning, The Murder Capital.

Also still no electronic acts announced, and last year they had a whole stage for that (and also some big names on other stages), so might expect something like this. Any guesses?

The electronic question was out to them on Instagram a good while ago and they confirmed this year will be similar.

… The Reytons and Shame confirmed for another festival in Spain on the same dates as Cala Mijas (Ebrovision). Their probabilities here have just skyrocked. I’m so happy as I’ve been enjoing The Reytons since discovered them. I know all the “just an ‘06 Arctic Monkeys rip off” but hell they are good! At least far more good than the actual Arctic Monkeys! 😁

1 hour ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

… The Reytons and Shame confirmed for another festival in Spain on the same dates as Cala Mijas (Ebrovision). Their probabilities here have just skyrocked. I’m so happy as I’ve been enjoing The Reytons since discovered them. I know all the “just an ‘06 Arctic Monkeys rip off” but hell they are good! At least far more good than the actual Arctic Monkeys! 😁

Which festival is this?

On 3/7/2023 at 6:49 PM, Sarahw2 said:

New Order were announced for Primavera today. They would be a great addition and in line with the line up last year 

Fantastic addition, I’ve also got Primavera tickets so buzzing with that unexpected announcement.

Sziget are announcing a few names this week so hopefully there’s an embargo that both festivals are waiting for (think Sziget are a little behind on announcements as well)

Not to worry though, I did 8(?) years in a row at Benicassim starting from 2012 and attended with some awful lineups, and each year was a blast in the sun. The 3 headliners are already worthy of the ticket price, so any new additions will be an added bonus. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Fantastic addition, I’ve also got Primavera tickets so buzzing with that unexpected announcement.

Sziget are announcing a few names this week so hopefully there’s an embargo that both festivals are waiting for (think Sziget are a little behind on announcements as well)

Not to worry though, I did 8(?) years in a row at Benicassim starting from 2012 and attended with some awful lineups, and each year was a blast in the sun. The 3 headliners are already worthy of the ticket price, so any new additions will be an added bonus. 

I'm with you on that one. Anything else is a bonus for me.. the festival itself is amazing. This year il be getting my tickets for 2024 while at the festival.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Not to worry though, I did 8(?) years in a row at Benicassim starting from 2012 and attended with some awful lineups, and each year was a blast in the sun. The 3 headliners are already worthy of the ticket price, so any new additions will be an added bonus

You’re right. Experience sais to me that for having a great time more important than the line up is your group of friends sharing the festival with you there!

Been to many festivals with medium line ups (Sziget 2013 p.e.) and had the best of the times with my friends there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

LCD were a BBK exclusive last year, could be something similar for CM and Kalorama? 

I believe we talk Tuesday because other festivals are announcing (Sziget, Rock en Seine). So won't be an exclusive, a big name though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DDave said:

LCD were a BBK exclusive last year, could be something similar for CM and Kalorama? 

That would be outstanding, but are we expecting another headlining-size act for CM?

A day with LCD + Florence/AF/Strokes would be absolutely huge.

Last year they had a day with Nick Cave, Chems and Kraftwerk though.

14 hours ago, VCF said:

A day with LCD + Florence/AF/Strokes would be absolutely huge.

LCD would be a great addition, Im still yet to see them live, so if this news is anywhere near true id be very happy.

Did some one say an announcement is happening on tuesday?