Friend is adamant to stay Tangerine Fields? Is it worth it?

TGCarr

22 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Sorry for the bump but interested in how you found Tangerine Fields compared to Worthy Farm?

I did Tangerine Fields last year and booked again for this year.
Coming from the US, I didn't have space for all of the gear so I definitely wanted a pre-pitched tent.
I had a two-man in general TF camping field not far from the Goode's cross. Good clean tent, helpful staff, well organized, seemed secure, nice neighbors, reasonably quiet for the few hours I was there each night. Frequently cleaned port-a-potty's, never a wait for those. Plenty of showers and only a wait at peak times that I saw. Water pressure was meager once, decent otherwise.
The walk from Pyramid, Other, T&C, and SEC was pretty easy and felt about the same distance as walking to Sticklinch or WV.

I never had to queue going in or out of Ped Gate B during the festival, but it was a haul arriving on a coach at Gate A and dragging my gear all the way across and out B. If you're driving that's not an issue as parking is right across the road.

If you haven't been and arrive by coach, a bit of advice - Turn left IMMEDIATELY after exiting the wall at gate B, follow the path along the outside of the wall and at the corner duck through a hole in the hedgerow and cross the road directly into TF. It's not well marked. When I arrived, none of the staff that I asked knew where TF was so I went a bit down the path toward general parking, left up the lane and walked right past the TF entrance and ended up at TF parking. Probably added a mile to my trek.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, amfy said:

I’d say there are specific times that there’s a queue for the lock ups like just after the headliners but mostly there’s never much of a wait. 
They are dotted about the site  - there’s maybe about 5 altogether? 
you can store literally anything - anything from your passport/purse to crates of beers to bicycles. 
A donation is entirely voluntary (just a collection jar on the counter & genuinely no one seems to notice whether you donate or not) but I tend to just put a quid in each time I use them. 

We run about double that number! Mostly in the main camping areas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

We run about double that number! Mostly in the main camping areas.

Thank you - can you also list the locations? I tried to think but I could only thin’ of the one by the co-op and the one by gate C - even though I know I have actually used about 3 others! 

9 hours ago, tarw said:

I’ve used them for pharmaceuticals as well

9 hours ago, stuie said:

If you're staying outside the fence and you only need to have your pharmaceuticals  with you when inside the fence, it makes very little sense to keep taking them in and out with you 🙂 

... so I've heard! 🙂 

The lockups nearest Gate B (most handy for TF) are also near the box marked Police. How big is the Police presence here and is there an unobstructed view between said Police box and the lock ups?

15 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

The lockups nearest Gate B (most handy for TF) are also near the box marked Police. How big is the Police presence here and is there an unobstructed view between said Police box and the lock ups?

I saw police several times up by PG B last year going in or out, but never around the Big Ground lockup.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

image.thumb.png.fdf76d70243e84647a9474c66145fdae.png
I’ve just read this on the TF website. If I’ve bought a TF car park pass, am I guaranteed a parking spot or are they allocated on a first come, first served basis?

Pretty much guaranteed. The parking field is next door and is only ever about 30% full.  You'll be fine 👍

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

image.thumb.png.fdf76d70243e84647a9474c66145fdae.png
I’ve just read this on the TF website. If I’ve bought a TF car park pass, am I guaranteed a parking spot or are they allocated on a first come, first served basis?

As long as you’ve got one of their passes you’ll get in. Doubt it will be an issue though, we rocked up about 8pm Thursday last year and there was plenty of space.

4 hours ago, IBCanon said:

Tangerine Fields or Worthy View? What is more convenient to move around and to walk “less”?

TF has 3 fields (4 if you count the parking field....).  Showers and main block of toilets are in the middle field, flushers by reception in first field, more toilets plus bar and grub in third field.  Whichever field you're in you're close to everything tbh.  

As for the walk to/from festival site it depends on where your headed but using Pyramid as an example TF is probably slightly closer.

8 hours ago, parsonjack said:

TF has 3 fields (4 if you count the parking field....).  Showers and main block of toilets are in the middle field, flushers by reception in first field, more toilets plus bar and grub in third field.  Whichever field you're in you're close to everything tbh.  

As for the walk to/from festival site it depends on where your headed but using Pyramid as an example TF is probably slightly closer.

It’s because we are not sure if to book now TF or wait for Worthy View and secure our tent. We are newbies and we just want something convenient as we will arrive on Thursday coach from London.   I read is quite hilly the way to TF, not sure if tough😅
I guess no matter which camp we book there will be some places more far or close, so it ends up being all the same. 

7 hours ago, IBCanon said:

It’s because we are not sure if to book now TF or wait for Worthy View and secure our tent. We are newbies and we just want something convenient as we will arrive on Thursday coach from London.   I read is quite hilly the way to TF, not sure if tough😅
I guess no matter which camp we book there will be some places more far or close, so it ends up being all the same. 

Hi there....the walk to TF is uphill but it is not steep at any point.  The walk to Worthy View however is very steep at one point for about 50m.

If you are arriving on the coach from London you will arrive at Gate A, which is on the North West corner of the festival site.  From here you will need to enter the site and either walk to Gate B (which is approx 1km) to then exit and enter TF which is approx 200m from Gate B.  To reach Worthy View from Gate A you will need to walk south across the entire site to the Kings Hill Gate (approx 1.5km) to then exit and walk up the hill to Worthy View which is approx another 300m. 

Note that TF has already sold out of all tents except the smallest 1-2 man tents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Hi there....the walk to TF is uphill but it is not steep at any point.  The walk to Worthy View however is very steep at one point for about 50m.

If you are arriving on the coach from London you will arrive at Gate A, which is on the North West corner of the festival site.  From here you will need to enter the site and either walk to Gate B (which is approx 1km) to then exit and enter TF which is approx 200m from Gate B.  To reach Worthy View from Gate A you will need to walk south across the entire site to the Kings Hill Gate (approx 1.5km) to then exit and walk up the hill to Worthy View which is approx another 300m. 

Note that TF has already sold out of all tents except the smallest 1-2 man tents.

Thank you so much! We are 2 people so we will go for the 1-2 people tent. It should be ok for a couple, right? Thanks a lot for the explanation and help🙏

14 minutes ago, IBCanon said:

Thank you so much! We are 2 people so we will go for the 1-2 people tent. It should be ok for a couple, right? Thanks a lot for the explanation and help🙏

No problem.  1-2 man tents are quite small but fine for a couple if you do not have much luggage and are ok with limited living space.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:00 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

I also keep most of my cash in the lockups. They seal wallets in an envelope and you sign over all the seals. Just go to the lockups and take out as much “cash” as I will need at the time. 

• Like 1

First time Glasto this year and stayed at Tangerine Fields.

1. Car Park right next door, couldnt beliebve how close it was. No more than 2-3min walk to Entrance.

2. Getting in and and to tent was so quick, everything laid out so so good. We had codes that set us next to our mates. TF staff even helped us with luggage and walked us to our tent.

3. Tent's were good.

Freedom Tent 1-2: Is small and ideal for couple, or maybe could fit 2 small single pump up beds. Not a lot of space to place items my friend said.

SupaDom 4-8 people: Now this was MASSIVE but the price is crazy. So much middle space, lovely 4 pod tent so brilliant for families or a big group.

4. TF Area: Was lovely, Showers were brilliant but did get busy as the day went on! They had a small water issue one day which limited the amoungt hat could use them. Had a 40min wait that day, but not their fault!

Tons of toilets.

There was this hut with hay to sit on, a few tables with mirrors etc and loads of charging points! 

5. Food> They had a basic food area with one place serving Breakfast wraps & sandwiches which really set me up every morning for the day ahead! Good prices. Also had a small van type thing which served hot and cold drinks etc.

6. Getting to Fest - Only had to walk out the TF exit and it would lead you dirrectly to GATE B. Now this hill at the end of the day was a treck!! Was steep.

7. My only issue was being tired in the middle of the day, and not wanting to walk back up the hill to have a small nap. I ended up napping in the actual Glasto fields each day to save my legs!

It's a brilliant area, truly was. Loved everything about it! Just feel the price is steep

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s what me and my wife did last year, it was fine

Thanks a lot! I will book the tent for 2 people and add the double airbed. It should be ok, and It seems Worthy View requires more walking than TF. I just want to make this first experience a great one 🙂