Buying tickets - what happens when different people all try same registration numbers ?

Mrs Dubs

Hi 

I know this will have been asked before and I’m sorry for being the person to ask again 🙈 but I have never tried for tickets for someone else and wondered if we are both trying, what happens if we both, by some miracle, get through because obviously you can’t by tickets twice.

Thanks guys 😊

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

it will just lock the reg numbers for the second person after they enter them ..... important the first person  gets through to complete  because those registrations will get completely locked for 10 mins 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

As above, keep trying until one of you gets confirmation. If you get confirmation then message or call the other. 

Thanks guys 😊 imagined it would be something like this.  Suffering terrible FOMO now I have given in and said I would try for someone else as well 🤣🤣 

I didnt get tickets in the last sale for 2022. I got through, put in my numbers and my partners then 2 of our friends . The next page told me that the other 2 numbers had already been used, when I re-entered our numbers I got a sold out screen. The others had not tried to get my tickets . It will be all for themselves tomorrow

Whoever is first has priority. System will give you an error they couldnt process. Happened to me in 2019. I got in and filled out the whole form and went to hit purchase. Wouldnt work. Then it sold out. Was then told other person in the group had gotten in and bought em just prior

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, daclown28 said:

I didnt get tickets in the last sale for 2022. I got through, put in my numbers and my partners then 2 of our friends . The next page told me that the other 2 numbers had already been used, when I re-entered our numbers I got a sold out screen. The others had not tried to get my tickets . It will be all for themselves tomorrow

I suspect that means the details you were given had an error perhaps? 

As you see thousands buy for others and don't normally get messages about numbers used except for when it's true. 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

I suspect that means the details you were given had an error perhaps? 

As you see thousands buy for others and don't normally get messages about numbers used except for when it's true. 

It was true. My friends had given their reg to more than just me but I wasn't aware. Someone else had got them their tickets and in the time it took for me to re enter my own details I had missed out. So me trying to do someone a favour meant that I didn't get tickets. 

17 minutes ago, daclown28 said:

It was true. My friends had given their reg to more than just me but I wasn't aware. Someone else had got them their tickets and in the time it took for me to re enter my own details I had missed out. So me trying to do someone a favour meant that I didn't get tickets. 

This is the golden rule. Do not cross the streams.  In the last resale we had groups where >10 people were trying to get tickets for a group of 6. We could have had 60 people trying - that's fine as long as everyone is trying for the same 6. But if one of those people had some other secret helpers who managed to bag them a ticket, then the other five have been royally fucked over.

Personally, in a large group situation, we definitely communicate when a transaction has gone through, so that everyone trying can move onto the next group of 6.  99.9% of the time, if your card payment has gone through, then the tickets are secured. If you waited for an email, that could be the difference between success or failure for the next group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daclown28 said:

Yeah, you should cut their jacobs off for that 😉 

There are plenty of folks in here who have fallen out with friends for doing stuff like that 😞