Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Certainly with regards to headliners. Seems too many festivals are stuck in the past this year. To be fair GFL did well last year, but seem to have lost their bottle this year.

Why not take a chance? Glastonbury will sell out regardless so go for it, have fun, put some interesting acts headlining, don't worry about wether they've sold out a million stadium nights in a row.

If we lose a load of "picnic blanket/camping chair/slabs of cheap lager/bucket listers" so what.

Here's my shout - Kraftwerk headlining the Pyramid.

Kraftwerk are bloody older than me and I’m getting on a bit! 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Kraftwerk have been headlining festivals for years, I saw them at Bestival about 15 years ago and they were ace.

That’s not booking something different, that’s booking an act that are far too small to headline.

They've never played Glastonbury.

I don't give a damn about "far too small to headline", I'm after an interesting and different act.

3 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Let’s be real, Kraftwerk would go down like a bag of cold sick compared to GnR for the majority of people.

Nor do I give a damn about the majority of people. Just goes to show a lack of imagination.

Assuming GNR is whos binned off a lot of the acts that would be ideal to be pushed up are either not about (Dua Lipa?) or white men (1975). Dave is not there yet and I can't think who else is in contention really .. probably obvious but mind is blank

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

So thursday has a few of the smaller stages running music. Whats the problem?

Didn't mean it like that - just wondered if they were US names i'd never heard of and together meant to be the size of a main headliner / if not then how big were they. Seems they are similar size to Griz / Subtronicsy kinda acts

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I don't give a damn about "far too small to headline", I'm after an interesting and different act.

Nor do I give a damn about the majority of people. Just goes to show a lack of imagination.

So all of your moans and complaints over the last few months, all of the negativity and bile you spew onto these pages can be summed up in one sentence.

”Only book acts that I like. To hell with everyone else”

There you go, your position has now been clearly conveyed. There’s no need for you to moan anymore, is there?

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

They’d play West Holts and you know it!

Pyramid headliners need to attract roughly a third of the people at the festival minimum and a TV audience of millions. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

”Only book acts that I like. To hell with everyone else”

Not quite, we need some dull nonsense to fill up Acoustic and Avalon stages. Maybe a to fill in at JP and the Park and during the daytime on the Pyramid.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

They’d play West Holts and you know it!

Yea I know, and I'd love it.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not quite, we need some dull nonsense to fill up Acoustic and Avalon stages. Maybe a to fill in at JP and the Park and during the daytime on the Pyramid.

Yea I know, and I'd love it.

Unfortunately, putting your idea of dull nonsense on all those stages aside from the pyramid would probably cause the collapse of the festival due to devastating safety issue.

1 minute ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

I have just been informed by a reliable source that U2 will be making a return to the festival this year. So either GnR or AM won’t, in fact, be headlining.

No offence Willy but some people around here might not believe you! 

1 minute ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

I have just been informed by a reliable source that U2 will be making a return to the festival this year. So either GnR or AM won’t, in fact, be headlining.

I'd have GnR over U2 any day, U2 are the definition of dull nonsense. Quite possibly the most over-rated band of all time.* At least GnR have comedic value.

* Just for those who misunderstand, most over-rated doesn't necessarily mean worst

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'd have GnR over U2 any day, U2 are the definition of dull nonsense. Quite possibly the most over-rated band of all time.* At least GnR have comedic value.

* Just for those who misunderstand, most over-rated doesn't necessarily mean worst

Im thinking maybe Glastonbury isn’t the festival for you , plenty of smaller festivals have the headliners you want.

kraftwerk would get a tiny crowd on that stage headlining and would potentially make other areas unsafe 

8 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

Can you give us a little info on what part of the business your source is from. U2's management, the festival, some other part of the industry?