2024 Headliners

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Always what I assumed was happening. She’ll do Glastonbury along with a bunch of other festival dates and it’s as good as confirmed by both parties already.

Yeah. Makes sense. 

Means SZA is in the unfortunate position of being (at least) the 4th choice, however.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If its not O-Rod then it's cos she knocked them back and they have a handshake in place for her to do it next year.

Yeah defo. 100% she will do it and she loves the festival. Assuming this tour will stretch into 2025 too.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Aiming for three women next year too?

Are they going to take another shot at either Swifty or Madge?

She always did say they thought they has Swift next time she toured. Eras could stretch into next year...

Dunno about Madonna I'm not clued up on her tour and if it changed. It's not impossible they tried to get her this year and talks progressed but in the end she was like nah maybe next year.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Aiming for three women next year too?

Are they going to take another shot at either Swifty or Madge?

I'd hope for Taytay, she had already agreed to headline the cancelled festival, and it would be a massive booking if they pulled it off at this stage in her career.  

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Dunno about Madonna I'm not clued up on her tour and if it changed. It's not impossible they tried to get her this year and talks progressed but in the end she was like nah maybe next year.

Considering she binned off the BST date too I guess it’s not completely impossible that she decided to delay it a year so that she can rework the tour for outdoor stages… but I shan’t get my hopes up over that.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

She always did say they thought they has Swift next time she toured. Eras could stretch into next year...

Jut said in the other thread that Madge seems unlikely due to the tour being long over and her love of cash.

Swifty has agreed to do it before, maybe once the Eras tour has concluded and she's made all the money possible from it she'll come back to the Farm.

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Feels more likely as a one off than if she's still doing the Eras tour.

I know that when this was discussed last summer people were trying to claim that it'd be easy enough to take the show and cut it down to the Pyramid. But you only have to watch the tour footage to see how intricate it is and how it relies on the expansive staging.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Jut said in the other thread that Madge seems unlikely due to the tour being long over and her love of cash.

Swifty has agreed to do it before, maybe once the Eras tour has concluded and she's made all the money possible from it she'll come back to the Farm.

We don’t know what happened with Madonna but there’s every chance it was simply due to fitting the show on the Pyramid rather than money, and that could be amended in a years time. Probably hopium, but maybe it continues to be a work in progress rather than a totally dead deal. 

Think Swift will do it when the Eras tour is done with and she’s back to regular touring duties, if she ever does it at all. Suppose there’s a chance she’ll do a truncated festival version of it once the main thing is over… but I don’t see it myself. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Taylor Swift / Taylor Swift / Taylor Swift. 

Splits her 210-minute Eras Tour into three seventy-minute sets with a clutch of hits to encore each night. 

This is such a good idea that she’s doing it this year! To avoid disruption she’ll be doing it on a purpose-built stage rather than the Pyramid, a short distance outside the superfence, in Dublin. Also you will need an additional ticket

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Think Swift will do it when the Eras tour is done with and she’s back to regular touring duties, if she ever does it at all. Suppose there’s a chance she’ll do a truncated festival version of it once the main thing is over… but I don’t see it myself. 

Given how commercially savvy Swift is meant to be it would make sense to spend a couple of years rinsing the stadium gigs before doing a high profile headline set at the biggest festival on the planet to boost even further.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

4 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Can honestly say never heard of “Sza” until her name popped up recently and I’m 27. Underwhelming if a headliner if you ask me

My thoughts exactly. I spend more time listening to 6music than is probably healthy but even so, I'm 36 and 'do' social media, and I'd literally never heard of her.

1 minute ago, Talcroft said:

My thoughts exactly. I spend more time listening to 6music than is probably healthy but even so, I'm 36 and 'do' social media, and I'd literally never heard of her.

And yet there she is on this week's Radio 1 playlist:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3tqPdBWF9yMbTrfjWvfKV8t/radio-1-playlist

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe she's the greatest thing you've never heard?

Maybe. Who knows? Wouldn’t of been my preference anyway. Stevie Wonder was the perfect 3rd to top it off I thought but ah well 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Can honestly say never heard of “Sza” until her name popped up recently and I’m 27. Underwhelming if a headliner if you ask me

It's only underwhelming because you don't listen to her. Great for the fest to take risks and promote artists, and who cares anyway as headliners elsewhere will have something to your taste! 

• Upvote 1