2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Just listening to Emily E's podcast appearance again. It's not actually definitely a headliner she's talking about when mentioning the call from the 'really big American artist' is it? That might be a conclusion we've jumped to. She says 'it was taking shape' before the call came, which sounds like the wider lineup she's referring to rather than headliners necessarily? 

If it is a headliner she's referring to I would assume she's talking about Madonna.

3 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

They're in Europe around that weekend and have a gap in their touring. They have dozens of crowd pleasers and "bangers" so if the festival were to make a huge headline sized act playing a secret set on the Pyramid a thing Green Day would be perfect candidates for next year.

Alternatively, for 90s alternative acts who reached their critical prime in the 00s, stick Tool on. Hour long set in broad daylight.😂

I love Tool, but yeah, I think you know what the chances of them playing a secret slot (or in fact any slot) at Glastonbury are 🙂 

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

I love Tool, but yeah, I think you know what the chances of them playing a secret slot (or in fact any slot) at Glastonbury are 🙂 

They're also in Europe in June, and also have a gap in their schedule. Other headline against Dua please!

2 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

They're also in Europe in June, and also have a gap in their schedule. Other headline against Dua please!

Years ago I saw a price list of bands online, I'm pretty sure it was in the 90's or 00's, basically how much it cost to book them and out of everyone on the list the most expensive was Tool.  Wish I could remember how much it was.  Anyway, it stuck in my mind that they are only ever going to be a headline act for a big rock/metal festival.  Fantastic live band though.

1 minute ago, Trunks1993 said:

Outkast at Bestival is in my top 5 gigs of all-time....along with Macca, Reg, Kenny and probably the Cure (all at the big G)

Wish I’d seen them at Bestival. Saw them at Wireless where the crowd didn’t seem to realise who they were until Hey Ya. Proper dead vibes which made me sad and Andre certainly seemed to pick up on.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just had a rare look at Glasto Chat on FB.  Everyone's beside themselves with excitement at Pink's dates ruling her ......in.

That is hilarious, good reminder though that we are in a bit of a microcosm here and often doesn't reflect the broader view of people.

Also, unless you do a bit of detective work most people aren't going to see that she doesn't play 3 gigs on the bounce or think about the logistical challenges of getting the show to Glasto overnight.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be fair there were also a couple of folk on here convinced it was happening...

Sure, but they were also obviously wrong.

I mean, sure it has happened that we had a headliner that played both of the other nights elsewhere. But I doubt there's ever been one that has such a physically demanding show or that would need to be substantially adjusted to the Pyramid (as in the case of P!nk or Taylor).

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

That is hilarious, good reminder though that we are in a bit of a microcosm here and often doesn't reflect the broader view of people.

Also, unless you do a bit of detective work most people aren't going to see that she doesn't play 3 gigs on the bounce or think about the logistical challenges of getting the show to Glasto overnight.

Yeah unless she's doing a DJ set or is the circus tent she's surely out.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I occasionally wonder if Covid caused some sort of national collective insanity.

Based on this, it seems highly likely it did.

It’s weird how many acts seem to have gotten bigger live wise without actually doing anything. I think it’s partially a result of covid (people are desperate for live experiences) and partially how few new acts are really breaking though into the wider consciousness 

27 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It’s weird how many acts seem to have gotten bigger live wise without actually doing anything. I think it’s partially a result of covid (people are desperate for live experiences) and partially how few new acts are really breaking though into the wider consciousness 

But in the case of Elton he did actually start having huge hits again.

41 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s good and tons of ace stuff further down the lineup, but definitely has a bit of a ‘seen it all before’ vibe to it in regards to previous lineups from them. 

image.gif.8d0eae14a4281afe67c4bd609b69cc5c.gif

My reaction to seeing The National as a read through the line up poster.