Download 2024

FeverDream

8 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

So I'm guessing...

A7X - RATM - Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam new album out next year and seem rumours on their fan sites about European summer tour. Plus first band Copping named when asked about he wanted to book in future. 

RATM cuz they will hopefully resume touring now Zach is back to full health and hopefully will come to Europe to make up for dropping out before.

Zack is better, but maybe Tim can't go on tour?!

Don't think Pearl Jam will ever headline Download.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Let’s have a bash at this one… 

APEX: Fall Out Boy / Enter Shikari / While She Sleeps / Bad Omens / Creeper / Wargasm / Static Dress 

OPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Arch Enemy 

AVALANCHE: The Menzingers 

DOGTOOTH: Sick Of It All 

APEX: Green Day / Limp Bizkit / The Offspring / The Pretty Reckless / The Interrupters / Feeder / Cassyette 

OPUS: Sabaton / Bruce Dickinson 

AVALANCHE: Bury Tomorrow 

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder 

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Killswitch Engage / Spiritbox / Babymetal / Bleed From Within / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Sum 41 / Turnstile 

AVALANCHE: Yellowcard 

DOGTOOTH: Periphery 

If we are putting WSS and KSE as 3rd down main stage then The Offspring at this point are surely subbing? They are at their most popular point in years.

Also with Download due to announce soon and more than likely including the top 3 main stage minimum, are Shikari a likely inclusion?, February seems a bit late for their tour for me?

Alter Bridge and Halestorm were both announced late but they were December tours so there was a couple of months at least gap to kind get past those tours and they booked a much bigger lineup than they will ge this year.

I think The Offspring are more likely under FOB personally.

5 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Zack is better, but maybe Tim can't go on tour?!

Don't think Pearl Jam will ever headline Download.

The only stuff I can find about Tim is from 2022 I don't know his current condition. 

Why don't you think Pearl Jam will? They've been almosts before and Copping vocally wants them. 

13 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

If they didn’t play in 90’s & 00’s, don’t think they will choose now to play heavy fest like Download. 
They prefer Pinkpop, Werchter, Mad Cool, Nos Alive, Lollapalooza…

Hmmm I see where you are coming from but if Download were to say put bands like Alice In Chains, Mudhoney and L7 on the same day as them then it could be tempting as that's big fan service, and they try to be fan friendly. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was there ever any reason given as to why Pearl Jam fell through the previous times they were seemingly booked and then bailed? Them along with Foos seem like such obvious ‘really should’ve happened at some point but just haven’t for whatever reason’ headliners.

Foos it is because Dave Ghrol got cold feet about doing a metal festival. Pearl Jam was because Vodafone accidentally leaked the line-up, so they walked.

4 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Foos it is because Dave Ghrol got cold feet about doing a metal festival. Pearl Jam was because Vodafone accidentally leaked the line-up, so they walked.

Surprised about Foos given Dave’s affinity for all things metal, even if Foos aren’t the most metal band themselves. Huge shame about Pearl Jam though, especially with it being out of the festivals hands.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Foos dropped out as they preferred doing stadiums that summer. Nothing to do with Dave Grohl being scared about playing a metal festival. 

They did play Wembley instead, but Dave said he was nervous about Foos playing a metal festival after TCV played Download in 2010. He was asked about Foos headlining and he said something along the lines of 'I think this festival is far too heavy for my other band, I worry that we would get a bad reception here.' They were booked for 2008 and it isn't a massive coincidence DL hasn't got them since. He could have just been coy, but I remember the interview vividly.

Will be very interesting to see if they do Download once Download 2.0 is in full force over the next few years, as it may change their minds.

Edited by RedJosh

Just think it’s all a big myth that bands like Foos/Pearl Jam are to worried to play, they know enough people in the industry to know they’d have a good reception at Download, they only need to look at outsiders to an extent Muse & Biffy playing and going down well the audience to know there wouldn’t be any slight issue with them playing.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

Just think it’s all a big myth that bands like Foos/Pearl Jam are to worried to play, they know enough people in the industry to know they’d have a good reception at Download, they only need to look at outsiders to an extent Muse & Biffy playing and going down well the audience to know there wouldn’t be any slight issue with them playing.

Pearl Jam I can understand as they’ve been iffy over playing predominantly metal festivals ever since the Roskilde incident. Foos just seem to prefer to alternate between their own stadium shows and Reading/Leeds (with Glastonbury now in the mix). 

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Foos have played Download France, they aren't worried if Download is a perfect fit for them or not. It's more than Foos can do 7 stadiums over June instead of one show at a Download. It's never going to happen.

Also that Download called themselves a premier Rock Festival and Metal is very heavily booked more.

1 hour ago, steven.dowling said:

7DC5F39D-6514-4AD9-93AF-310EAF9F03F6.jpeg

There is no dates I can see?

Also, I just read 3 days ago in the sun...I know, they posted green day are set for a huge uk stadium tour following the release of the new album.

If they had Rancid, they definitely need early summer dates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/24435058/green-day-album-uk-tour-2024-american-dream/amp/

Edited by northernangel

12 minutes ago, OKMess said:

People on the Download forums think they've deduced the headliners to be QOTSA, Fall Out Boy and A7X. 

QOTSA would be surprising. Like, they certainly should be in the equation to headline given the small pool of available acts, but that should’ve been like ten years ago. Can only imagine they were a late fill-in if they’re actually headlining next year.

Not a stellar set of headliners either way.