Download 2024

FeverDream

So these are the different permutations that have been posted, so if what @Judas Yeasthas said is from a reliable source and turns out to be correct then it would be one of these line-ups.

Avenged/FOB/System

Avenged/FOB/Muse

Avenged/FOB/MCR

Avenged/Green Day/System

Avenged/Green Day/Muse

Avenged/Green Day/Tool

Avenged/Green Day/MCR

Avenged/Pearl Jam/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/Muse

Avenged/QOTSA/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/FOB

Avenged/QOTSA/Green Day

2 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

I keep meaning to shut my trap anyway, I just keep coming back 😂 i forgot how starved we are for information and noone else is claiming to have information so who even knows anymore. Just gotta sit back and wait for the announcement I guess, it should only be a few weeks anyway

Are these your Famous Last Words? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedJosh said:

So these are the different permutations that have been posted, so if what @Judas Yeasthas said is from a reliable source and turns out to be correct then it would be one of these line-ups.

Avenged/FOB/System

Avenged/FOB/Muse

Avenged/FOB/MCR

Avenged/Green Day/System

Avenged/Green Day/Muse

Avenged/Green Day/Tool

Avenged/Green Day/MCR

Avenged/Pearl Jam/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/Muse

Avenged/QOTSA/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/FOB

Avenged/QOTSA/Green Day

I’d say you can get rid of the Muse and SOAD predictions as according to Nova Rock forums SOAD won’t cross the pond this year and apparently Muse are having a break. 

10 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Avenged/FOB/System

Avenged/FOB/Muse

Avenged/FOB/MCR

Avenged/Green Day/System

Avenged/Green Day/Muse

Avenged/Green Day/Tool

Avenged/Green Day/MCR

Avenged/Pearl Jam/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/Muse

Avenged/QOTSA/MCR

Avenged/QOTSA/FOB

Avenged/QOTSA/Green Day

Missed off the ones I posted with Blink 182 and one I posted with NIN. Presuming they are including this forums when saying someone has got it. Also it won't be Tool they are going into the studio (and Maynard looks to be doing APC dates as the other 3 take an age composing the music). 

16 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Missed off the ones I posted with Blink 182 and one I posted with NIN. Presuming they are including this forums when saying someone has got it. Also it won't be Tool they are going into the studio (and Maynard looks to be doing APC dates as the other 3 take an age composing the music). 

I didn't include Blink as the rearranged Scotland and Ireland gigs are highly rumoured to be happening in August next year, which means that they are an almost certain lock for R+L.

They were in my original list along with all the other A7X and Blink permutations, but I cut them out. I don't think it is Tool either, but I haven't cut them out yet and I agree we are more likely to get APC than Tool.

And, yeah, I am assuming from here and the DL forum.

3 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I didn't include Blink as the rearranged Scotland and Ireland gigs are highly rumoured to be happening in August next year, which means that they are an almost certain lock for R+L.

They were in my original list along with all the other A7X and Blink permutations, but I cut them out. I don't think it is Tool either, but I haven't cut them out yet and I agree we are more likely to get APC than Tool.

And, yeah, I am assuming from here and the DL forum.

Fair enough, I didn't know those dates were likely gonna be in August. 

I mean there’s a good chance of getting mcr . Don’t know if anyone saw them at their Milton Keynes shows recently? But the merch that was being sold most of it was retro (amazing in my opinion) but and it’s a big but there was a couple of shirts that were out of place. Saying the word swarm ….plus they played a brand new track…

now for those long standing fans MCR are a bit of perfectionists . And sometimes it takes them a little while to bring out new material .so….

plus 2024 is the 20 year anniversary of three cheers for sweet revenge …so are the stars aligning for a download headline slot next year?

1 hour ago, Hazz said:

I mean there’s a good chance of getting mcr . Don’t know if anyone saw them at their Milton Keynes shows recently? But the merch that was being sold most of it was retro (amazing in my opinion) but and it’s a big but there was a couple of shirts that were out of place. Saying the word swarm ….plus they played a brand new track…

now for those long standing fans MCR are a bit of perfectionists . And sometimes it takes them a little while to bring out new material .so….

plus 2024 is the 20 year anniversary of three cheers for sweet revenge …so are the stars aligning for a download headline slot next year?

MCR have apparently been ruled out. Looking like A7X, Green Day and Fall Out Boy 

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

As I said early, a line up like that would mark a big shift for Download. 

Which is what a hell of a lot of people have been calling for for years. The success of When We Were Young, Slam Dunk and resurgence of pop-punk emo bands (Paramore, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy) cannot be ignored. Milk the nostalgia cow as much as possible, won't be here forever.

4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Justin said they have dates book till „after spring“. Spring technically ends 21 June. And they only have dates until February and that‘s cleary winter. So there are more dates to come somewhere in the world before they go back to the studio.

11 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Which is what a hell of a lot of people have been calling for for years. The success of When We Were Young, Slam Dunk and resurgence of pop-punk emo bands (Paramore, Blink-182, Fall Out Boy) cannot be ignored. Milk the nostalgia cow as much as possible, won't be here forever.

Those are all pop-punk, emo and scene (which as I alluded to earlier are pretty much all lumped together in the part of the alt scene I'm in). Where is the hard rock and metal? I don't think AX7 really have the pull for that crowd (in the UK at least) that some think they do. Like I said earlier, it's part of why Sonisphere is so badly missed, we need the choice. 

9 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Justin said they have dates book till „after spring“. Spring technically ends 21 June. And they only have dates until February and that‘s cleary winter. So there are more dates to come somewhere in the world before they go back to the studio.

True but APC are starting to tour in April.

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Those are all pop-punk, emo and scene (which as I alluded to earlier are pretty much all lumped together in the part of the alt scene I'm in). Where is the hard rock and metal? I don't think AX7 really have the pull for that crowd (in the UK at least) that some think they do. Like I said earlier, it's part of why Sonisphere is so badly missed, we need the choice. 

True but APC are starting to tour in April.

Who exactly would you book who would be both refreshing and satisfy the Hard Rock and Metal crowd? 

I'm starting to land on The Prodigy, Green Day and A7X for this year's download. RATM still loom a bit like a spectre, but until we get more announcements (of tours or by other fests) we won't know. A7X being independently confirmed by various leakers aside the only headline sized band we know might are touring are BMTH who won't do DL because they did this year.