Download 2024

FeverDream

Just now, northernangel said:

I didn't need to ever go near the dogtooth stage.

It's got nothing to do with that, it has something to do with you couldn't move without people in the way, in chairs or something all weekend. I'm fairly sure the heat of the weekend, the walking to and from the camps to the arena etc was enough for many without traipsing across an arena for water.

Also, you want people to pay £350 for a festival and leave their bands set early?, absolutely bloody not!

No, but you needed water, and if you would have walked a little bit further you would have got it way quicker than queueing. If you didn't know there were 6 points (actually 7 but one's in VIP) did you never actually look at the map to check for another point? 

Again, that's the trade-off for all queues - water, food, booze. You can still hear the music very clearly, you just leave a bit earlier than everyone else and beat the queue. Or, stay the whole thing, but don't be surprised when everyone else has beat you. I did both at times. They could add more points but people would still just congregate at the closest ones and cause even more congestion than before. Again I understand that that's not as easy for everyone, but for most, If you can stand in the heat for an hour for water you can definitely walk a few minutes to get it quicker. It's actually cooler to do that.

Just think it's an overblown issue is all. If you wanna see what a festival without water looks like, Primavera 2022 had literally four taps - not points, TAPS - for something like 80k people.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

No, but you needed water, and if you would have walked a little bit further you would have got it way quicker than queueing. If you didn't know there were 6 points (actually 7 but one's in VIP) did you never actually look at the map to check for another point? 

Again, that's the trade-off for all queues - water, food, booze. You can still hear the music very clearly, you just leave a bit earlier than everyone else and beat the queue. Or, stay the whole thing, but don't be surprised when everyone else has beat you. I did both at times. They could add more points but people would still just congregate at the closest ones and cause even more congestion than before. Again I understand that that's not as easy for everyone, but for most, If you can stand in the heat for an hour for water you can definitely walk a few minutes to get it quicker. It's actually cooler to do that.

Just think it's an overblown issue is all. If you wanna see what a festival without water looks like, Primavera 2022 had literally four taps - not points, TAPS - for something like 80k people.

I wouldn't entertain Primavera, my friend went last year from here who it's very catered to and said never again. Said the setup was sh*t etc. I just bought it or caught the zippo stop when it was lesser, around the time of Bad Religion.

5 hours ago, matrainertje said:

They are surely never going to book Rammstein after the allegations and pending lawsuits is it? 

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies).
It is the principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

4 hours ago, Dixi said:

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies).
It is the principle that one is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

Yeah, I good theory, this law makes sense.

But in reality, letting this rest for a while makes a lot of sense. Slowhai was accused, not yet found guilty, of sexual misconduct this year, but I completely get why festival organisations put that act off their lineup. You don't want to put acts on your lineup for who lawsuits are pending, do you? 

Maybe in 2025, when everything is clarified.

9 hours ago, matrainertje said:

They are surely never going to book Rammstein after the allegations and pending lawsuits is it? 

According to somebody in the know, they have booked Rammstein. Of course, that booking will’ve been made before all the controversy so I’m sure that’s thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, but if nothing more concrete comes of it all, I can definitely see them sticking with the booking, if only because 1. It could well be the last time they get a chance to and 2. Because there aren’t that many other options, realistically. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

According to somebody in the know, they have booked Rammstein. Of course, that booking will’ve been made before all the controversy so I’m sure that’s thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, but if nothing more concrete comes of it all, I can definitely see them sticking with the booking, if only because 1. It could well be the last time they get a chance to and 2. Because there aren’t that many other options, realistically. 

And I really can't see them holding onto them as early as next year. Let's wait for the judges' verdict first please. 

13 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Yeah, I good theory, this law makes sense.

But in reality, letting this rest for a while makes a lot of sense. Slowhai was accused, not yet found guilty, of sexual misconduct this year, but I completely get why festival organisations put that act off their lineup. You don't want to put acts on your lineup for who lawsuits are pending, do you? 

Maybe in 2025, when everything is clarified.

I think the difference here is Slowthai has been charged and has appeared in court, so he is in the middle of a legal case. 

As far as I can tell nobody from Rammstein has been charged with anything. That may change in the future depending what else comes to light, but as of now Download (or any festival) would be on dodgy ground (legally) if they reneged on a signed contract based on online allegations alone. Rammstein have also got a huge team of lawyers on the case (suing newspapers etc.) so I would imagine they aren’t going to go quietly if festivals start trying to drop them.

18 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Any chance of some more modern acts headlining next year? Or at least not the same names they’ve been recycling for the past 10 or so years?

Welcome to the hot topic of the Download community for the last ten years!

I think the next three or four years will yield some new headliners. Ghost, Parkway Drive, Architects, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Korn, Enter Shikari, Deftones and A Day To Remember could all get the bump. Bands like Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Paramore, Green Day and Nine Inch Nails could all get their debut while headlining. 

Eventually the old guard will all retire or die or whatever. Download has to future proof itself, and if we all know that, so do they. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

Welcome to the hot topic of the Download community for the last ten years!

I think the next three or four years will yield some new headliners. Ghost, Parkway Drive, Architects, Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Korn, Enter Shikari, Deftones and A Day To Remember could all get the bump. Bands like Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Paramore, Green Day and Nine Inch Nails could all get their debut while headlining. 

Eventually the old guard will all retire or die or whatever. Download has to future proof itself, and if we all know that, so do they. 

Emboldened the ones that are never going to happen. 

It hasn’t future proofed itself at all and if next year’s headliners are anything to go by, they still aren’t. They aren’t going to start now unless something drastically changes within the booking team. 

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Mbut as of now Download (or any festival) would be on dodgy ground (legally) if they reneged on a signed contract based on online allegations alone. Rammstein have also got a huge team of lawyers on the case (suing newspapers etc.) so I would imagine they aren’t going to go quietly if festivals start trying to drop them.

Wouldn’t they be on dodgy ground for putting this band in their lineup as well, morally speaking? 

I hope they will let this rest for a year untill we know more / Lindemann is proven to be innocent.

Whatever is going on with till their tour is still happening and I’m guessing if they have been booked for next year team rammstein will be working extra hard to make sure it stays that way. Any way I’ll move on from there and give my updated lineup prediction based on peoples Predictions I will have another crack at this :

Friday

KISS

Steel panther 

Halestorm 

second stage

Bullet for my valentine

motionless in white

Miss May I

Saturday

Rammstein 

Enter Shikari

sleep token