FIB Benicassim (2023)

FugNuts

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

For £40 though cannot complain

Sure. If you're a fan of FF, Bastille, Kaiser Chiefs or Clean Bandit, I guess you'd be paying that for a one-off gig. Really interesting to see the direction Beni has gone in. As far as European festivals go, it was up there as one of the biggest, or certainly most popular. Past lineups were famously decent. What changed?

• Like 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sure. If you're a fan of FF, Bastille, Kaiser Chiefs or Clean Bandit, I guess you'd be paying that for a one-off gig. Really interesting to see the direction Beni has gone in. As far as European festivals go, it was up there as one of the biggest, or certainly most popular. Past lineups were famously decent. What changed?

Its definitely downsized a lot but thats their choice I feel. Nobody has an issue with IOW downsizing although to a much lesser extent. Its not like there aren't heaps of other options for a festival in the sun is my view

and yep re price - Franz are £50 at ally pally tomorrow. Still more big names to come too

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Its definitely downsized a lot but thats their choice I feel. Nobody has an issue with IOW downsizing although to a much lesser extent. Its not like there aren't heaps of other options for a festival in the sun is my view*

IOW still attracts relatively big name headliners but I agree that too has downgraded, particularly the undercard.

*Certainly not in that price bracket but if it's sun you're after, there are numerous other options around Europe I'd strongly recommend over Beni.

Still, even if you bought a weekend ticket, went for one day to see FF and spent the rest of the time in Valencia on holiday, it'd be worth it

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

IOW still attracts relatively big name headliners but I agree that too has downgraded, particularly the undercard.

*Certainly not in that price bracket but if it's sun you're after, there are numerous other options around Europe I'd strongly recommend over Beni.

Still, even if you bought a weekend ticket, went for one day to see FF and spent the rest of the time in Valencia on holiday, it'd be worth it

I meant at the older price point - it used to be a more standard price around 150 euros right?

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Music Republic took over FIB after the 2019 festival. Since then, they seem to be taking it to more of an "indie-rock" genre as well as introducing a few Spanish acts to the line-up. 

Since taking over FIB, they've had to deal with Covid-19 straight out of the gate which could explain the weaker line-up as they rebuild the festival year-by-year. Or they could be taking a less expensive approach with smaller acts.

I'm staying hopeful as this is only the first announcement and the overall vibes of Benicassim are unbeatable!

16 minutes ago, FugNuts said:

Music Republic took over FIB after the 2019 festival. Since then, they seem to be taking it to more of an "indie-rock" genre as well as introducing a few Spanish acts to the line-up. 

Since taking over FIB, they've had to deal with Covid-19 straight out of the gate which could explain the weaker line-up as they rebuild the festival year-by-year. Or they could be taking a less expensive approach with smaller acts.

I'm staying hopeful as this is only the first announcement and the overall vibes of Benicassim are unbeatable!

FIB 2020: First Wave of Acts Announced - Festicket Magazine

Arguably the slide to weaker lineups started pre-covid. This lacks any massive name ala Killers, Kings of Leon etc

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Vampire weekend, foals and the Libs for cheap. Nice

Are Vampire weekend not big? I thought they headlined Mad Cool in 2019.

Not really - Mad Cool has 3 headliners each day, i swear even like Interpol did it this year. Vampire Weekend subbed glasto in 2019 and were viewed as fairly week.

Definitely not Killers / KoL level thats for sure

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You still need to get to Spain.

Tickets used to be 3x that price but you got bands like RHCP, old Kasabian etc headlining

If I’m making the effort to get to Spain, I’d much rather throw £100 at a ticket  for a much stronger line-up. 

Any guesses on who we could expect to see in future line-up announcements?

Edited by FugNuts

13 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

You still need to get to Spain.

Tickets used to be 3x that price but you got bands like RHCP, old Kasabian etc headlining

Plenty of people who go are Spanish no doubt, they are trying to be a budget option and it appears to be working from what I understand

13 hours ago, FugNuts said:

If I’m making the effort to get to Spain, I’d much rather throw £100 at a ticket  for a much stronger line-up. 

Any guesses on who we could expect to see in future line-up announcements?

11 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

I’d rather be paying £100+ for a stronger lineup as well. This year was good and the ticket was very cheap, but once the flights/hotels/trains/spending money were added in then the ticket price became irrelevant.

Head somewhere else then is surely the answer - Beni is making their own market and doing something different is my view and its not changing anytime soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...