2024 Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

Is Chevron that well known a brand in the UK?

I assumed it was just some kind of chevron aesthetic. At the very least you'd have thought they'd have it as a listed sponsor on the website with Pepsi and 3 as is the case on their site.

I likely have got it wrong if Chevron aren't sponsors, and it is a shape or something ... but these kind of things, stage names etc are always sponsored. We've had NME, Virgin, BBC, Bacardi. I can't see an American Megacorp like Live Nation missing an opportunity to sell naming rights to anybody willing to buy.

Hopefully Chevron is just a placeholder name for the V shaped tent, and we see it with a better and more sustainable partner than the Nazi funding Standard Oil (ESSO in the UK).

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I likely have got it wrong if Chevron aren't sponsors, and it is a shape or something ... but these kind of things, stage names etc are always sponsored. We've had NME, Virgin, BBC, Bacardi. I can't see an American Megacorp like Live Nation missing an opportunity to sell naming rights to anybody willing to buy.

Hopefully Chevron is just a placeholder name for the V shaped tent, and we see it with a better and more sustainable partner than the Nazi funding Standard Oil (ESSO in the UK).

look at the post 1 before this load of waffle

you haven't likely got it wrong, you have got it wrong

45 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I think it'd be way more suited to Slam Dunk or Download, maybe even the show the day before Slam Dunk that usually happens on the festival site. Not sure R&L would be the best place for a secret set or late addition. 

Yeah, maybe so. Think they could do a cracking forty-five minutes somewhere.

Sleep Well Tonight
Grand Unification, Part I
The English Way
Lost Like Tears in Rain
Deathcar
Animal
7 Build An Army
Mono
Paint Your Target

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Still not sure if you’re taking the piss with this or not 🤣

I think with just a modicum of common sense we can conclude that an oil company wouldn’t choose a brand that does not operate in the country to sponsor a music stage at a festival…

…esp when that same festival has been using the shape in question as part of their logo for 10 plus years…

…unless it’s always been an undercover psy-op and Chevron have been Guerrilla Marketing to their US customers through a UK music festival which is not marketed in the US at all 🤔

18 minutes ago, Benj said:

Still not sure if you’re taking the piss with this or not 🤣

I think with just a modicum of common sense we can conclude that an oil company wouldn’t choose a brand that does not operate in the country to sponsor a music stage at a festival…

…esp when that same festival has been using the shape in question as part of their logo for 10 plus years…

…unless it’s always been an undercover psy-op and Chevron have been Guerrilla Marketing to their US customers through a UK music festival which is not marketed in the US at all 🤔

Would be quite the twist if that was the case ngl.

Or maybe we're all spending too much time on the Internet and think everything's a psy-op.

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Would be quite the twist if that was the case ngl.

Or maybe we're all spending too much time on the Internet and think everything's a psy-op.

Dunno, McVities are going deeeeep with this one to help promote the sale of their biscuits in  'European' section of US Supermarkets with this local festival tie-up https://www.facebook.com/hobnobfest/

On 2/3/2024 at 9:43 PM, Chad888 said:

I put the lineup into the old style poster format (cba to change dates or stage names etc), guess we still have a LOT more acts to be announced. I wanted to see what we are still missing from what we used to have almost 10 years ago now.

5 more for Main Stage,

25 for R1 stage,

8 for Dance (Chevron)

16 for FR

plus probably another 90 across the other unannounced stages (1xtra, pit, alternative, introducing..)

RL24.jpg

This image is incorrect

4 hours ago, gfa said:

look at the post 1 before this load of waffle

you haven't likely got it wrong, you have got it wrong

Well the fact it has to be clarified on Twitter too proves its a complete oversight on the companies behalf, and even if they didn't mean to, they have named the new stage after a warmongering company that funded the Nazis and were key in lobbying for the Middle East destabalisation campaign that has left hundreds of thousands of civillians and military personnel dead.

F it, lets call the new Radio 1 stage the "Al Queda stage" but "what a load of waffle, its nothing to do with the terrorist group, its probably named after 3 guys Alan, Quentin, and Dave".

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

lol what?

It is literally all of the acts from the 2024 poster placed into the 2017 poster to judge what is missing in comparison...

spirit box and neckdeep are playing on the blink 182 day, not the Fred day

Oh you are looking for empty spaces

Edited by Stuielooie

54 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Well the fact it has to be clarified on Twitter too proves its a complete oversight on the companies behalf, and even if they didn't mean to, they have named the new stage after a warmongering company that funded the Nazis and were key in lobbying for the Middle East destabalisation campaign that has left hundreds of thousands of civillians and military personnel dead.

F it, lets call the new Radio 1 stage the "Al Queda stage" but "what a load of waffle, its nothing to do with the terrorist group, its probably named after 3 guys Alan, Quentin, and Dave".

🤣 internet over reaction rage in a beautifully contained nutshell 

Yeah but they haven’t and you know that. It’s named after a shape and you know that. That shape has been part of their branding for over a decade and you know that. This is you trying to sound smart but you have never, ever sounded more silly (and you’ve sounded silly a lot). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Embarrassing even for you this one

Admit your wrong and get over it

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I think it's time to move on.

And moving on indeed, I've had a crack at what we can expect from Lana Del Rey.

Norman f**king Rockwell
Born to Die
The Grants
Bartender
5 Cherry
Honeymoon
Blue Jeans
Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Arcadia
10 Pretty When You Cry
11 Love
12 Summertime Sadness
13 Ultraviolence
14 Say Yes to Heaven
15 Video Games
16 Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

All fairly feasible with the exception of Honeymoon and Love, given they barely get much airtime these days. (The latter being permanently exiled just gives me one more reason to think she's a diva, but that's purely personal taste.)

You'll probably get a Lasso track in there too, in place of that.