2024 Festival

Chad888

Just now, moz4pm said:

Probably the best lineup they've had for 7-8 years, glad to see them getting back more to their roots. If I was ten years younger I'd probably go. There's 12-15 bands on there i'd go see which is about 12-15 more than the last 5 years.

Still far from a classic for me, but definitely more like a traditional R&L line-up, which we haven't seen for a good few years now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Difficult to know ngl. I'm not sure if the Chevron Stage is something new or is it just a name for the MSW.

Surely with that much dance on it, it will be a big tent in the space thats left vacant by MSW and then the R1 stage is a rebrand/maybe slightly bigger version of the Dance tent

I'd imagine the Chevron stage is an open air stage, as I can't see The Prodigy being booked to play a tent, but an open air stage that is smaller than MSW and located in MSW's place.

4 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

I'd imagine the Chevron stage is an open air stage, as I can't see The Prodigy being booked to play a tent, but an open air stage that is smaller than MSW and located in MSW's place.

That’s what I’m thinking. 

2 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

Pretty sure they played a tent at Parklife last year whilst also being up against the main headliners. Clashing them with Blink seems like a stupid decision, but I’m guessing they’re counting on Blink swallowing up a lot of the crowd. 

1 minute ago, VCK2 said:

That, or they go for a tent roughly the size of the old R1 stage with the extended outside area with sound system and screens etc for when/if it's rammed. Could work if they're stacking the main stage with "two headliners" each night to spread the crowd, especially if they mean to clash/overlap some acts. 

And what's the consensus on the "headliners"? Surely you can't bill all 6 as headliners unless they rotate them between sites?! 

So we have in old money:

1 x Main Stage (7 acts)

1 x Dance Stage (Chevron 7 acts)

1 x Radio 1 Stage (Big tent 6 acts)

1 x FR tent (9 acts)

So now we're down 1xtra, pit, lockup ..

assuming alternative and introducing are the stages still to be announced.

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Pretty sure they played a tent at Parklife last year whilst also being up against the main headliners. Clashing them with Blink seems like a stupid decision, but I’m guessing they’re counting on Blink swallowing up a lot of the crowd. 

I know it's a different crowd nowadays, and it was 15 years ago, but their Main Stage set in 2009 was a bloodbath and a huge contributor to why the Main Stage at Leeds got moved further to the right, to allow more crowd space and avoid potential crushes. I can see them being a pretty big draw even up against Blink so I'd say it'd be logical to put them on an open air stage.

Prodigy and Skrillex and some other Chevron acts would go down much better in a tent IMO. 

Could it be:
Main Stage: Open air (obviously) 
Chevron: Large tent
Radio 1: Smaller open air (not a replica of Main Stage)

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

For the stages announced so far do ww think we have all the names? 

Definitely not. There’s 8 Main Stage acts on the LG day so there’s probably one more to come on each of the other days. 

There will be plenty more names added to the other stages too. Most of them only look two thirds full.