2024 Festival

Chad888

2 minutes ago, nathanh said:

More stages to be announced makes me wonder how the hell they are planning to fit this all in?

Noticed it same time as me, no idea how this is all gonna work. New map will be as exciting as the lineup drop!

• Upvote 1

I'm sure more stages will be stuff like introducing, alternative, Leeds late night stages and Arcadia at Reading if that rumour turns out to be true.

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

Noticed it same time as me, no idea how this is all gonna work. New map will be as exciting as the lineup drop!

Might just be the alternative stage and that small dance stage, can’t remember it’s name but it was 18+ last year in between FR and 1xtra

& introducing ofc

Edited by gblock

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm sure more stages will be stuff like introducing, alternative, Leeds late night stages and Arcadia at Reading if that rumour turns out to be true.

Assuming Chevron is where the big tent used to be, R1 is the dance tent. There is still room for one more where the 1 Xtra was post 2019.

Would be a proper return to form if they were back to 5 decent stages AND 6 headliners 

Just now, Benj said:

Assuming Chevron is where the big tent used to be, R1 is the dance tent. There is still room for one more where the 1 Xtra was post 2019.

Would be a proper return to form if they were back to 5 decent stages AND 6 headliners 

I think that is going to be the case, they must have realised the 2 main stages just didn’t work
Are you coming over for this year now?

10 minutes ago, gblock said:

I think that is going to be the case, they must have realised the 2 main stages just didn’t work
Are you coming over for this year now?

Feel like I have to!

Will see what mates think. After a nice relaxing festival in perfect weather last year, may be hard to persuade them. Think I’m for it

Easily best lineup they’ve had in years. Great mix of stuff for fans of the older R/L lineups and the new imo. Maybe it’ll prove to be an outlier as they’ve just managed to bag the best of who’s available this year, but hopefully a sign of it getting back on track, especially after last year’s lineup seemed to go down so badly for the most part. 

12 minutes ago, Benj said:

Feel like I have to!

Will see what mates think. After a nice relaxing festival in perfect weather last year, may be hard to persuade them. Think I’m for it

Man I’m regretting not buying the loyalty tickets now

Looks very very good

Taking away whos already been announced, that is a very poor announcement for the casual music fan that aren't dedicated listeners to every upcoming artist and genre like [the people that frequently spend all their free time a music centric forum].

Wombats, Two Door, Fontaines DC, Bru-C ... that's pretty much the extent of the announcement for broadly known/liked acts

Edited by Chad888

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

Taking away whos already been announced, that is a very poor announcement for the casual music fan that aren't dedicated listeners to every upcoming artist and genre like [the people that frequently spend all their free time a music centric forum].

Wombats, Two Door, Fontaines DC, Bru-C ... that's pretty much the extent of the announcement for broadly known/liked acts

Screenshot_20240201-190853_WhatsApp.jpg

Shiiiiiit, we've got the Radio 1 tent back AND the second open air stage (assuming that's what the 'Chevron stage' is).

I'm confused though. Are Lana, Catfish and Gerry basically just subbing the main stage, but billed as headliners (like FOB were in 2016, or TOP in 2019)?

I'm unsure how this will go down with the GP. It lacks the names that they will hear on radio. Its a lineup for people tuned in to music rather than just whats publicly well known

Do we think theres any of that to be added or no?

Edited by nathanh

Probably the best lineup they've had for 7-8 years, glad to see them getting back more to their roots. If I was ten years younger I'd probably go. There's 12-15 bands on there i'd go see which is about 12-15 more than the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I'm unsure how this will go down with the GP. It lacks the names that they will hear on radio. Its a lineup for people tuned in to music rather than just whats publicly well known

Do we think theres any of that to be added or no?

Just like how R&L was prior to about 2018.