2024 Festival

Chad888

16 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

are are we expecting to get maybe a poster today or are we like waiting until February 

I would hope so and makes sense from a marketing perspective to have 1 poster than the individual artist pictures however I wouldnt expect too many more names to be on it.

Arcadia rumour is quite interesting

It looks cool but doesn't work very well at night - let alone in the day finishing at 11pm 😂

If its late at leeds will be rammed and nobody will able to hear anything if its like glasto - as the entire festival will be there trying to get close since theres nothing else on

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Surely it’ll just be the same names in a different format?

10 artists is a super small first announcement. Even 2021 was double that and that felt small. Hardly any point even making a poster with 10 names on, wouldn't be surprised to see them add more first 

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Surely it’ll just be the same names in a different format?

I tried to mockup a poster multiple times this weekend on Photoshop in the same vain as 2021's first poster and no matter how you try to put it, it looks ridiculous. I cannot see a poster being made with so few names.

42 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I tried to mockup a poster multiple times this weekend on Photoshop in the same vain as 2021's first poster and no matter how you try to put it, it looks ridiculous. I cannot see a poster being made with so few names.

If you can put a TBA on all the blank spots, it will at least give Benj something to count and complain about how it is 13.2% less acts than last year, and we can argue whether Digga D is 3rd down, or 6th down on a combined MS.

It also gets the hype train going a bit when you see how many more acts are still to come.

47 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

10 artists is a super small first announcement. Even 2021 was double that and that felt small. Hardly any point even making a poster with 10 names on, wouldn't be surprised to see them add more first 

Seems like a decent sales strategy to me, sell tickets based on initial headliner hype and then drop the 'lineup' after that subsides, for a second surge...

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

it will at least give Benj something to count and complain

...It also gets the hype train going a bit when you see how many more acts are still to come...

Are you predicting they're going to cut the mains stages by yet another act this year Chaddy?

Will only be 2 more years until they're back to the initial single main stage number at that point