2024 Festival

Chad888

Maybe like this, with the R1 tent offering alternatives that are really different to the headliners so people have a decent sized option to end their night with if they aren’t going to be at MSE: 

MSE: Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Ashnikko 

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / Vampire Weekend / Lil Yachty

R1: Chase & Status 

1Xtra Dance: Solardo 

FR: The Hunna

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats 

MSW: Lana Del Rey / PinkPantheress / Digga D 

R1: Blossoms 

1Xtra Dance: Earl Sweatshirt

FR: The Story So Far

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES 

MSW: Catfish and The Bottlemen / Tom Grennan / ArrDee

R1: Skrillex 

1Xtra Dance: Krept & Konan

FR: Scarlxrd

Edited by Andre91

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Realistically, I think the states could change like this: 

MSE & MSW staying as they are. 

The big tent coming back, hosting a wide range of genres like it used to (dance, hip hop, rock and indie). I could see Skrillex and Digga D headlining this if the tent is the size of the old one. And then a rock band for the other night. 

FR staying as it is, hosting a mix of heavier bands and indie bands. 

The 1Xtra and Dance tents combining into one, hosting both types of music.

The comedy tent going completely. 

Introducing stage staying how it is. 

Sadly I don’t think that would be realistic space wise (Reading at least)

Theres also little realistic chance they can put 14 acts on the main stages and get a decent enough 10 more a day to fill a not embarrassing big tent lineup, even if canibalising the dance/ 1Xtra to do it, given how empty the 1Xtra and Dance tent often were in ‘22

If they wanted to bring back a proper second stage but keep the 6 Headliner thing, the most logical thing to do would simply be to have them run them on a single stage like ‘co-headliners’ back in the day.

Personally I think they will just rebrand the existing sized dance tent and 1Xtra and make them a little more agnostic. A slightly larger, bigger staged Dance tent would make a big difference if they can manage that, needs some big screens and more space across the front

2 minutes ago, Boddah said:

Trying not to get in any trouble here. But yes Arcadia will be there almost 100%, plenty of talks behind the scenes in recent months organising it.

At both reading and Leeds? Obviously Arcadia at Glastonbury goes on until 3am would this not be an issue at reading. Also leeds already had ls23 which is similar to Arcadia 

I swear to god, if they give another high main stage slot to Two Door, The Wombats or The Vaccines...

Come on R&L, it's not 2012 any more, no one listen to them. Surely you can find more currently relevant guitar acts to fill that slot?

16 minutes ago, Boddah said:

Licensing wont allow it to go past 11pm, I'll say no more.

What’s the point then, it’s just having for the sake of having it, not because it’s going to be used to its full potential

14 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

I swear to god, if they give another high main stage slot to Two Door, The Wombats or The Vaccines...

Come on R&L, it's not 2012 any more, no one listen to them. Surely you can find more currently relevant guitar acts to fill that slot?

The Vaccines haven’t been booked in years, they’re due a return. Fully expecting TDCC and Wombats to be there too because they always pull massive crowds. 

Also, saying no one listens to them is mad considering they’re both massive and sells a tonne of tickets tour. 

Hang on, aren’t you wanting The Prodigy? It’s not 1997 anymore, no one listens to them.

Edited by Andre91

Had a go at some MSE predictions: 

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Ashnikko / Spiritbox / Neck Deep / Nova Twins / Cassyette 

Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats / girl in red / Chloe Moriondo / Alfie Templeman / The Murder Capital 

Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES / Amyl & The Sniffers / The Reytons / Kid Kapichi / The Ks

Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Ashnikko / Spiritbox / Neck Deep / Nova Twins / Cassyette 

Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats / girl in red / Chloe Moriondo / Alfie Templeman / The Murder Capital 

Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES / Amyl & The Sniffers / The Reytons / Kid Kapichi / The Ks

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would definitely buy a weekend ticket for this 

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Maybe like this, with the R1 tent offering alternatives that are really different to the headliners so people have a decent sized option to end their night with if they aren’t going to be at MSE: 

MSE: Blink-182 / A Day To Remember / Ashnikko 

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / Vampire Weekend / Lil Yachty

R1: Chase & Status 

1Xtra Dance: Solardo 

FR: The Hunna

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats 

MSW: Lana Del Rey / PinkPantheress / Digga D 

R1: Blossoms 

1Xtra Dance: Earl Sweatshirt

FR: The Story So Far

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES 

MSW: Catfish and The Bottlemen / Tom Grennan / ArrDee

R1: Skrillex 

1Xtra Dance: Krept & Konan

FR: Scarlxrd

This genuinely looks great, though I wonder if earl in the dance tent would be a bit of a mess 

24 minutes ago, brogdonly said:

I was recently (11 october) on Blink and I didn't like it honestly ((
nothing special and didn't feel that energy
maybe it was smth wrong with me

Blink are very hit and miss live I've found (seen them 6-7 times).  I think it depends a lot on the vibe of the day and the crowd around you as much as the band. They're a party band, if everyone is up for it, theyre great... if not... 

I enjoyed them a lot their last two times at Reading

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Maybe its only at Leeds...

After last year's sales there, they need something attention grabbing

Or maybe like the main stages they have multiplied...

Maybe as there is only one Spider

Sales were not that bad last year, despite what people believe. This year they will be improved also.

Lots of debate about 6 headliners and 3 not being proper headliners however having Lana on MSW who headlined Hyde Park this year shows how they can get big artists on that stage but also when they have massive acts like Blink and Liam they can go for big acts they’re slightly cheaper than your mega acts who probably wouldn’t accept sub slots. I also think it’s a great idea to start getting big headliners on MSW so that dance acts can close the night on MSE in the dark which I think is the thing with Lana/Fred Again.