2024 Festival

Chad888

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

How have I been pedantic here? Genuinely? 

You’ve gone from too vague to overly pedantic in seconds

It’s impossible to please everyone

One man’s 4th is another man’s 8th, or 7th. 

One man’s Spiritbox is another man’s Ring Sawayama

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I just don't think they really curate it that specifically, especially earlier on in the day.

f**king hell, all I’m saying is that I think Spiritbox will be on the same stage as Blink and quite high. That’s it. It’s not even that curated at all because Blink and Spiritbox sound NOTHING alike but it makes sense to at least chuck one rock band under them. 

f**k me. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

f**king hell, all I’m saying is that I think Spiritbox will be on the same stage as Blink and quite high. That’s it. It’s not even that curated at all because Blink and Spiritbox sound NOTHING alike but it makes sense to at least chuck one rock band under them. 

f**k me. 

Yeah I know, it's okay. I'm just saying that I think they could play either stage, they're still on the same day as Blink. It's not that deep.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

f**k me. 

Next question we now have is-

Is 4th (7th/8th) “quite high”?

I’d say no myself, it’s pretty much exactly mid bill.

Someone needs to do a poll on this too

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

No bands are playing at all. Festivals been f**king cancelled because of you. Nice one. 

No more discussions in the discussions thread. 

52 minutes ago, Brad75 said:

Was discussing the announcement with my son last night on the way home from 21 savage. He was buzzing about Fred again. I asked him if he heard of Skrillex and all he knew about him was that he used to be quite big 10 years ago and did a set with fred again at Coachella. So would assume that not made a big impact recently so dance tent headliner could be a possibility.

Skrillex as a dance headliner would be a BIG get for Reading if it is that but I'd 99% predict a Bicep style slot for him.

52 minutes ago, Benj said:

just benchmark it against other acts that have played there since the stage splits came in and make the decision yourself

On 11/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, BenG92 said:

Where are you getting "Lana is a MSW headliner" when she's never played the festival? She sold out BST this year in minutes, 65,000 tickets including all the overpriced VIP stuff. 

Hi Ben 👋  remember when I said LDR was a MSW headliner 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benj said:

It’s not really 2 different stages though, I mean they’re in different places but it’s the same exact stage

Think we need a poll here…

Jesus christ can we just lock this thread 😂

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Hi Ben 👋  remember when I said LDR was a MSW headliner 

Hi Chad 👋 remember when you said Fred wasn't MSE headliner level but might be in a few years

At least know we know now Lana will take it, it's an insanely good MSW booking and that day will sell out on the back of the pair of them together. I still think she might have a paddy once she clocks on that she's not actually headlining anything, Glasto drama pt. 2