2024 Festival

Chad888

If they get rid of the two main stage set up/branding as we know it how do you all think the new marketing will work? I like the idea people have thrown about by keeping the actual stage set up but renaming MSE as FR Main and MSW as R1 Main. I genuinely think that would go down super well and get in both older and younger attendees.

16 minutes ago, Page116 said:

If anyone thinks Fred again is MSWing, co headlining, subheadlining, small staging you need to stop smoking spice immediately.

Dunno. Post Malone did it in 2019. Is Fred loads bigger than Postie was then?

Don't think it would be necessary, esp as it sounds like an exclusive 

5 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

If they get rid of the two main stage set up/branding as we know it how do you all think the new marketing will work? I like the idea people have thrown about by keeping the actual stage set up but renaming MSE as FR Main and MSW as R1 Main. I genuinely think that would go down super well and get in both older and younger attendees.

Why? How would changing the name change the experience in the slightest?

Ultimately no one really gives a f**k what a stage is called do they, simply what’s on i

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Why? How would changing the name change the experience in the slightest?

Ultimately no one really gives a f**k what a stage is called do they, simply what’s on i

Yeah I did think that after I submitted it to be fair. End of the day anyone under the age of 21 won’t care cause they’ll still go and watch 1 song from about 4 artists and it might drag some of the traditional crowd back. Win win I suppose 

Edited by FeverDream

I’d put good money on Fred being MSE

just think, to the people actually buying tickets in 2023 who would they be more excited about, fred or blink-182?

the majority, it would be fred - and thats before we even think about a 3rd headliner

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, stanh said:

Hadn't heard of them until now (not my scene at all), but had a quick listen, would definitely compliment Blink well

Neither had I until about 2 months ago. Proper got into them recently. Think the last time they played (after a 30 sec Google) was 2011. Not even sure if they come to the UK all that often 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I’d put good money on Fred being MSE

just think, to the people actually buying tickets in 2023 who would they be more excited about, fred or blink-182?

I’m in a bit of an echo chamber when it comes to pop-punk as I’m a fan and so are my pals but I thought the impression was it was making a comeback of sorts, so I think there will be hype around Blink from a fair few younger people.