2024 Festival

Chad888

8 minutes ago, amanufan16 said:

Trnsmt lineup just dropped, can we say Lg is more likely now?

Same with Gerry, could be bumped to MSW headliner?

I’d back both of them 

also think Jack Harlow wouldn’t be a strange booking for a MSW headliner

Blink/Jack Harlow

Eminem/Gerry

LG/Fred Again

Harlow could be a massive sub tho, he’d get a massive crowd, I just can’t see who else could really be in that MSW slot without trawling back through everything.

Paramore seem to big, but maybe take that slot and have a slightly more streamlined Pop/Punk day with the likes of Yungblud, Avril Lavigne

and boygenius (please @Dan Wilcox give me this)

Edited by CG31

33 minutes ago, Benj said:

Because it’s in a different country…

Sure I get it from that perspective but from an artist perspective why do a set lower down a bill if other festivals are offering you headline sets. Artists like Louis arent doing festivals to get recognition, neither is any act that can sell out an arena tour.

20 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Sure I get it from that perspective but from an artist perspective why do a set lower down a bill if other festivals are offering you headline sets. Artists like Louis arent doing festivals to get recognition, neither is any act that can sell out an arena tour.

Because it’s that or nothing. 

If he’s only going to take UK headlining spots at festivals, he’s not playing any major UK festivals…

Playing festivals is a great way for artists to get recognition with audiences who’d otherwise never pay to see them live…as per this- https://www.reddit.com/r/readingfestival/s/C91hZexq5L

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Why do people keep predicting Bombay Bicycle Club as a sub? That’s not going to happen. 

They were not even that big when Reading goers gave a f**k about them were they?

Surely Idles are bigger in 2024

Just now, Benj said:

They were not even that big when Reading goers gave a f**k about them were they?

Surely Idles are bigger in 2024

They played third down in 2012 but that felt like a bit of a bump at the time. I could see them third down MSW or third down MSE at a push but no higher and certainly not subbing either stage, especially MSE. 

7 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Bombay Bicycle Club were one of the worse bands in the indie landfill days so surely have no standing now, they’re playing an academy tour. They’re downright dreadful!

Nah BBC slap but they’re just not big enough for the slots they’re getting talked up for. Their first and third records especially BANG. 

5 hours ago, CG31 said:

I’d back both of them 

also think Jack Harlow wouldn’t be a strange booking for a MSW headliner

Blink/Jack Harlow

Eminem/Gerry

LG/Fred Again

Harlow could be a massive sub tho, he’d get a massive crowd, I just can’t see who else could really be in that MSW slot without trawling back through everything.

Paramore seem to big, but maybe take that slot and have a slightly more streamlined Pop/Punk day with the likes of Yungblud, Avril Lavigne

and boygenius (please @Dan Wilcox give me this)

Jack Harlow could sub still - he still hasn't got much music definitely not enough for a headline set

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

image.thumb.png.d6400530acf09b3a979167288c559faf.png

SZA is MSE look at her tour

firmly believe fred is but hes a bit more debatable i guess

2 hours ago, JayA5 said:

prediction poster from October, made before any announcements but some are looking likely to make an appearance now

leeds fest prediction 2024.png

QOTSA won't be back so soon

Kasabian aren't doing MSW sub and Disclosure are definitely not 3rd down MSW lol - both are MSW headliners

----

to several people, i think boygenius aren't active iirc?

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Bombay Bicycle Club were one of the worse bands in the indie landfill days so surely have no standing now, they’re playing an academy tour. They’re downright dreadful!

Nah, they were one of the good ones that clearly were doing something different, a little more interesting 

BBC and Macabees were clearly, ultimately the stand out performers of that era/ subgenre.

Prob forgot a couple more who weren’t sh*t, the top 4 would mos def include those two

2 hours ago, gfa said:

SZA is MSE look at her tour

To add some anecdotal evidence to this and also at the same time perhaps evidence Chad’s-what you hear is what you hear is big…My 18 year old nice is obsessed with SZA and would without doubt think her nothing other than MSE