2024 Festival

Chad888

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Thank god. I think the time of the Courteeners threatening to take up a headline slot (even MSW) has passed. They’ll be a perennial sub, maybe even third down if they do appear again. 

They will be a sub for a long while yet, still a MSE sub currently

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

Blink basically confirmed at this point ? So many articles saying they've signed or close to signing a big deal for the festival

yes

15 hours ago, Chad888 said:

What are the chances of any of the following artists performing? Or would I have more hope at Wireless?

J Cole

Earl Sweatshirt

Tyler the Creator

A£AP ROCKY

Big Sean

Chance the Rapper

6lack

Past few years ASAP used to be on so many predictions but it just never happened it seems

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

Fred Again.. and Paramore are both on AEG, not Live Nation. Not sure how much it means, but are we not thinking they're doing their own All Points East days instead if they're about in August?

Feels like half the reason why The Strokes' have done All Points East (x2) and BST Hyde Park in recent years, not R&L.

On that note, let's go with:

Blink-182 / Biffy Clyro

Eminem / Doja Cat

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Twenty One Pilots

Acts tour with different companies dependent on the year.

Fred Again has no dates currently - he could easily do a LN tour for 2024 so he can hit the major festivals which is a logical next step for him. AEG have no major festival slots here - i'm sure his team will be eyeing up Creamfields and R&L

"I will love it, and I think I will deserve it."

_______MSE______

Pulp >> Elbow >> Madness

Blink 182 >> YUNGBLUD >> Limp Bizkit

Post Malone >> Vampire Weekend >> Fredo

_______MSW______

The Libertines >> Kaiser Chiefs >> Declan McKenna

Fred Again.. >> Deftones >> Peace

Paramore >> J HUS >> The Lathums

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

_______MSE______

Pulp >> Elbow >> Madness

_______MSW______

Surely the Libertines are nowhere close to Headlining MSW these days

They didnt even headline victorious when they played there in 22 (playing some weird opening slot instead), zero pull for the main Reading demographic...

No chance. Subbing MSW would be their best available bet I reckon and even then I just can't see it

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

They didnt even headline victorious when they played there in 22 (playing some weird opening slot instead), zero pull for the main Reading demographic...

No chance. Subbing MSW would be their best available bet I reckon and even then I just can't see it

They're everywhere in the media. New song is constantly on Radio X and Absolute. Doherty is doing interviews left, right and centre. Have headlined numerous times in the past. 

I'm not a fan, and don't think they should have ever headlined, but the facts point to it. Plus, a weak headliner is R&L's bread and butter. 

7 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

They're everywhere in the media. New song is constantly on Radio X and Absolute. Doherty is doing interviews left, right and centre. Have headlined numerous times in the past. 

I'm not a fan, and don't think they should have ever headlined, but the facts point to it. Plus, a weak headliner is R&L's bread and butter. 

Radio X and Absolute are proper Boomer territory these days arent they?

They only have 1.3 million Spotify listeners. For reference Catfish have double despite f**king off for a few years and The Kooks have 7 million

They're not going to sell tickets at Reading Festival

Just now, lukecork said:

Chances of Lana Del Ray ?

She's not really Reading material is she?

Maybe actually a bit more now than she was back at the start, just can't see how she'd fit in on a bill otherwise filled up with what we know it will be filled up with.

43 minutes ago, Benj said:

They headlined Solfest - a tiny camping festival round here - earlier this year.  I wasn't there but I'd guess there were no more than a couple of thousand people at the whole thing.  They were actually the only headliners to turn up, the others being Peter Hook & The Light, and De La Soul (The Lottery Winners stood in as replacement headliners for one of them), so that gives you an idea of the sort of level they themselves accept they are at.  They are way off R&L main stage headliners.

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

_______MSE______

Pulp >> Elbow >> Madness

_______MSW______

Pulp are not MSE headliner

Libertines are not a MSW headliner

Elbow, Madness and Deftones the fest won't be going near

Kaisers and Peace aren't getting that big slots either

56 minutes ago, nathanh said:

IMG_6139.thumb.jpeg.5e103d0f4144f1747ab5905c45e7691f.jpeg

Superbloom lineup, could we see any of these at Reading?

germany get some absymal lineups don't they!!

49 minutes ago, Crews1 said:

Kenya Grace for sure, I think Louis Tomlinson isn’t a bad shout either and just finished a UK tour so the timing would make sense for him being in the first drop

Having seen Louis last weekend in Birmingham, I can confirm he puts on a good show but cant see him headlining R&L

2 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Not really. Maybe Sam Smith. Baffled that Tokio Hotel are still knocking about.

Sam Smith would be another “imagine dragons” type headliner - yeah theoretically they can headline with the numbers they rack up but it would be seen as a bit of a joke booking 

for all it’s steams, unholy is pretty much universally hated among my age froup

45 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Having seen Louis last weekend in Birmingham, I can confirm he puts on a good show but cant see him headlining R&L

No one suggested he would be headlining did they ?!?

3rdish on either stage (5th or 6th overall) would be about right wouldn’t it. 

32 minutes ago, Benj said:

No one suggested he would be headlining did they ?!?

3rdish on either stage (5th or 6th overall) would be about right wouldn’t it. 

He’s doing arena tours - I feel like subbing either stage is probably where he’d be - at least definitely bigger than the libertines rn 

7 minutes ago, Will b said:

He’s doing arena tours - I feel like subbing either stage is probably where he’d be - at least definitely bigger than the libertines rn 

There’s a big difference in selling arena tickets to 1D fans vs a festival to a much more agnostic audience

10 minutes ago, Will b said:

I watched Nothing But Thieves at the same arena a few weeks ago and they played 3rd down MSE this year, I imagine that’s about where he’d slot in.