Talking Heads

Euphoricape

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

So it's not Talking Heads news it's Chris Frantz & Tina Weymouth news.

the press release is selling it as talking heads, cos its about the book, which is about talking heads (its an interesting read)

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Imagine if they announce a new tour...

I’d be there in a heartbeat! 

Being old has some advantages, I was lucky enough to see them at this gig in 1977 but was too shy to speak to her:

‘Debbie Harry watched on from the back of the hall with about 100 in attendance as Talking Heads and Ramones took to the stage at Strathclyde University with David Byrne’s band playing a tight rhythmic set while Ramones sped through songs from their debut album in around 30 minutes.’ From Glasgow World.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MK1 said:

I reckon Chris and Tina would want a long legal agreement with Byrne about all sorts so there couldn't be any sort of hijacking of it, I doubt David would accept the terms Chris and Tina might want to protect themselves - all of that is just my guess from what I know of the band's history.if they're going to do it they need to get everything tied down so that the reunion works out well.

Worth noting that Jerry's Manager is active on the Talking Heads subreddit, and recently commented on the likelihood of a reunion. A few months ago, he was fully on the 'don't hold your breath' train, but following the release of Stop Making Sense and the rumour mill starting, he has confirmed that 'contracts have been distributed, but there are currently some hold ups'. It at least confirms that there is some movement - fingers crossed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Worth noting that Jerry's Manager is active on the Talking Heads subreddit, and recently commented on the likelihood of a reunion. A few months ago, he was fully on the 'don't hold your breath' train, but following the release of Stop Making Sense and the rumour mill starting, he has confirmed that 'contracts have been distributed, but there are currently some hold ups'. It at least confirms that there is some movement - fingers crossed!

thanks, sounds interesting i'll do some digging with someone i know.

11 hours ago, crumbler said:

Probably in the minority here but I'm not sure what you'd get from a Talking Heads reunion that a David Byrne gig wouldn't deliver tenfold, nostalgia aside

byrne has only recently  (last 20 years - before that he didn't do them) included TH numbers, got plenty of songs from his solo albums.

from what i can rememberwe  only got 2 TH songs from byrne in 1999 and one of those he messed up. (i zimbra & psycho killer)

Edited by Neil

16 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

I imagine a Coachella payday will be in consideration

6 hours ago, Badlands said:

Not sure that they fit in with the Coachella demographic nowadays. Plenty festivals in the US would take them. Likely too expensive for glastonbury.

i guess agents would try to make arrangements with the biggest payer's cos the band would be doing it for the money..

5 hours ago, billum said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Glasto *did* offer a headline slot to a reformed Talking Heads - not a small event by any means

i know Michael eavis is a fan (I've spoken about TH with him), so he'd be on side for it.

• Upvote 1