All Points East 2023

gfa

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I wonder if they are seeing if the anger at Arcade Fire will die down and then they announce an Arcade Fire headlined day.

I suspect it will, as long as no further allegations arise...

It’s possible, there’s history there with AEG.
I still suspect something like a Lana Del Rey exclusive is more likely.  

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I wonder if they are seeing if the anger at Arcade Fire will die down and then they announce an Arcade Fire headlined day.

Plenty of fests on mainland Europe have Arcade Fire i'm sure it would be fine to be honest.

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

should have checked the numbers. still never saw backlash

My instinct is the language barrier means there is less awareness/chatter on WB on the continent than there is in the UK, so safer to announce there.

I think it's deliberate they are delaying their UK dates and I agree with you, I think it will eventually wash over here as well. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

My instinct is the language barrier means there is less awareness/chatter on WB on the continent than there is in the UK, so safer to announce there.

I think it's deliberate they are delaying their UK dates and I agree with you, I think it will eventually wash over here as well. 

I think it’s probably more cultural than language, but in principal the same thing. 
I wouldn’t expect them to play in the U.K. this year, and with APE already having the MIA situation, I would be surprised if they booked Arcade Fire. 

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

I think it’s probably more cultural than language, but in principal the same thing. 
I wouldn’t expect them to play in the U.K. this year, and with APE already having the MIA situation, I would be surprised if they booked Arcade Fire. 

Good point on MIA. Though golden voice doesn’t seem the most ethical of organisations and I suspect a guaranteed ticket shifter like AF will prove too tempting in the end.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'm not sure how the anger could die down. Most people I know have no intention to see Arcade Fire ever again, or be in a crowd of anti-cancel people. With that said, they are welcome to do their own (arena) shows if they want, but it would be very awkward for the bands playing before them at any festival.

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

I'm not sure how the anger could die down. Most people I know have no intention to see Arcade Fire ever again, or be in a crowd of anti-cancel people. With that said, they are welcome to do their own (arena) shows if they want, but it would be very awkward for the bands playing before them at any festival.

He’s mostly accused of immorality, rather than anything illegal, so will be able to continue.

They’ll carry on playing including the festivals that will have them, the media will move on, the audience will (mostly) forget…

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

I don't see any indication it would be only 3 days.

I am not getting high hopes, however. With the trend of the last two years, I am assuming the other days will be for a younger audience.

Last year they had 6 days

Field Day - field day

gorillaz - older (similar to strokes now)

national - older

nick cave - older

tame impala - younger

disclosure - young (stormzy day)

Based off last year theres still likely some older aimed stuff to come. Gorillaz could maybe be more towards younger but still that leaves an older day

I think Florence is most likely as a headliner....

Arcade fire will be a massive shit show. Not just the organisers but suports. Therefis a reason why fiest and beck bailed supporting last year

44 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think Florence is most likely as a headliner....

Arcade fire will be a massive shit show. Not just the organisers but suports. Therefis a reason why fiest and beck bailed supporting last year

return button working mate? 😉 

• Upvote 2